close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HyperLink to URL and path

Thread began 8/29/2009 3:08 am by 1387996 | Last modified 10/23/2009 4:41 pm by Eric Mittman | 6724 views | 6 replies |

HyperLink to URL and path

Having just installed CMS it all works fine apart from 2 problems.
If I want to link to another page on my site and click browse it looks at the file folder and I can't look/find the file pages on the root of the site. I think something needs changing to allow me to look at files in the root of the site which is one up from the file folder. It works fine for picture links.
If I type or paste in the url and OK it I get IE script error as seen here attached. Basically a FCK editor error message. But if I do say no to run the script and cancel the hyperlink page the link is actually there and does work correctly.
I have uploaded all the WA iRite files again with the same result.
I get the same problem with XP and Vista on 2 different PC's.
Please help urgently as I need to transfer another site to powercms urgently due to hackers.
Chris

PS I've just seen entry above "Hyperlink script errors" and mine is ok in Firefox.
So that answers part of it but I still need to know how I can look at the root folder to click on the link webpage file.
Please help.

Sign in to reply to this post

update

I've tried editing config.php and wa-globals but still can't make it work.
They are now back to normal.
All my cms files are in the root and the pages I want to link to are in the root.
When I try to link it looks at the file folder and I can't browse up from there.
If I type in the full http link to the root it works fine but I can't expect a customer to do that.
my top code is
<?php include "Connections/localhost.php"; ?>

<?php include "WA_CMS/WA_CMS.php"; ?>

Page code <?php echo WA_getCMSContent($database_localhost, $localhost,"rental_properties", "500 to 800 pounds"); ?>

And the wa globals is
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://cms100test.xxx.co.uk/" ; //Absolute path to your site folder.
$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "cms100test" ;

$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/PowerCMS folder/"; //relative path to your PowerCMS files on your local testing server.
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/"; //relative path to your PowerCMS files on your remote server.

//iRite Images upload settings
$WAGLOBAL_Files_Folder = "/"; //relative path to your files folder.
$WAGLOBAL_Images_Folder = "site images/"; //relative path to your images folder.
$WAGLOBAL_Swf_Folder = "site images/"; //relative path to your swf folder.

Images upload and find works well but its just the links.
Please help Chris

Eric Mittman

This is one option that is not exposed in the globals file. For the browse function when file is selected from the select list on the left by default you start in root_URL/files/. You can adjust this in the config though to start you out in the root of the site.

Config file at:
iRite > editor > filemanager > connectors > php > config.php

In here find these two lines:

115: $Config['FileTypesPath']['File'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] . 'file/' ;
116: $Config['FileTypesAbsolutePath']['File']= ($Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] == '') ? '' : $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'].'file/' ;

Just take out the file/ part and it should default to the root of your site.

thanks

Thanks Eric, it works fine, I've been round and round this but its easy when you know. Chris

Eric Mittman

That is great to hear, this is a tricky setting to find. I had not seen it before and it took me a moment to understand where this location was and how it worked in the code. I'm just glad it is a setting that is available in the code.

sp391850

Relative paths solution in HTML Editor

Hi,

I guess the above worked in iRite, but these lines aren't there in HTML Editor.
Could someone please post the solution for the newer product.

Thanks

Eric Mittman

The update posted was really for PowerCMS, not iRite specifically. You will not have these values like this in a regular iRite implementation.

What is the specific problem you are having that you would like to adjust these paths for?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...