close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dynamic Array with previous info in recordset

Thread began 5/28/2009 1:05 pm by xag | Last modified 7/31/2009 11:43 am by jason312679 | 7573 views | 11 replies |

xag

Dynamic Array with previous info in recordset

Hello,

I wanted to know if you create a dynamic array if your field b and c could still show information from a previous record set.

Let me explain. I have an update page. I want to go in and edit some things but not change anything in my list a through c. when I hit the edit button dataassist update function puts into the table null because I never chose anything. I want to have the list already populated with information already in the recordset. This works for list A but does not populate list b or c.

Thanks for the help

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

use the "populate list from array" and "set selection in list" behaviors onload so that they are set properly after the page submit.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

xag

the only thing I see in my Behaviors panel when I have list A clicked is onChange Populate List from Array I don't see set selection in list. Also I want them to populate themselves when the previous page is submited and passes a parm with the id of the record set in the URL to populate the list

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is because onChange you don't have to set the selection in the list... the list selection is being set by the user.

You should be able to do it with a passed parameter as well. Are you only passing the ID of list c? you would probably have to create a recordset to look up the value for list a and list b so that you could set those selections as well, but it would work.

xag

Well list List A is set by the user but I'm trying to change that as well. I want list A in my update page to display the data already in my recordset.

xag

When I look in the properties panel and choose dynamic and set the vale equale to the item I want shown it wont display. It only displays the list from my other record set that I have the options from

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You should only be using the dynamic properties panel attribute for the first list.

The rest of the lists will have to be done with the "populate list from array" and "set selection in list" behaviors onload so that they are set properly after the page submit.

xag

hi Ray when I put the "set selection in list I don't see the option onLoad. and when I type it in also DW prompts me with an error saying onLoad is not a valid event for the SELECT tag

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is because you should be highlighting the body tag to add onload events.

xag

ok so what if the body tag is not editable because it is restricted by a page template? Am I S.O.L then?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...