close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Emails not sending!!!!!!

Thread began 4/04/2010 12:08 pm by ryanwbaran403359 | Last modified 4/07/2010 8:34 pm by neilo | 3092 views | 8 replies |

ryanwbaran403359

Thank you!

Sign in to reply to this post

ryanwbaran403359

This post has been deleted.

EmmaMorris

Im having the exact same problem. Help... please...
Thanks.

jnovy381657

Same, Same

I am not getting emails but also get a message "No input file specified" but I did?

neilo

Hi jnovy381657,

'No input File Specified' message means that not all of your files and folders are either uploaded, or that they are not in the right place relative to your contact page.

Try re-uploading all the files and folders to your site (in the same folder so all are in the same relative position to each other).

If there are still problems, post a link to your page so we can diagnose the problem.

ryanwbaran403359

This post has been deleted.

mark220932

No email sending

I am having this same problem.

No emails are set in any format or configuration.
I have just spent the last two hours trying everything I can think of.
Now to make matters worse, I am plagued with javascript errors!

Eric Mittman

To ryanw, it looks like you have full client side and server validations occurring on your page. Have you tried adding UE to a page by itself to test it and see if you are getting the same result? This is the first thing you should try and test to see if the email is sent. I have seen some other posts here on the forum where users have difficulty using Go Daddy servers to send email messages. You should do some searching around for this to see if there is any more specific info that you need to get it working with your Go Daddy setup.

To mark, you say that you cannot get emails to send and are getting js errors. What are the js errors you are getting and when do you get them? Also, what are the settings that you have used in UE for the mail object?

neilo

Hey Ryan,

Have tried out your page on my own servers. It validates as it should (although I am missing some of your CSS) - and it goes to thankyou page and returns form info in an email to me.

You had three sets of WA serverside validtion behaviors for the same form, so I removed the spare two, plus a few duplicate stylesheet and javascript links.

That doesn't mean that that was your problem, but I reattach your file with duplicate validations removed.

You could also try a simple test to see if php mail will send from your server - see Danni's post here.

What's a bit odd about the form working from my sever, is that I still have it set to your globals (in webassist/email/waue_contactus_1.php) as:

$MailFrom = "website@titansfurnacecleaning.ca"; (for 'From')

$WA_MailObject = WAUE_Definition("smtp.secureserver.net","25","","","",""); (For SMTP and Port - my server is Virtualnames and would not recognise smtp.secureserver.net). However the form info sends in the email fine.

I set these through the Universal Email Server Behaviour GUI.

Attached Files
MyContactPHP.zip

Eric Mittman

Thanks for the help on this Neilo, always appreciated.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...