close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Power Gallery not working for me

Thread began 2/13/2010 3:33 pm by e394610 | Last modified 3/01/2010 11:30 pm by Dani Chankhour | 5226 views | 16 replies |

e394610

Power Gallery not working for me

[ORIGINAL MESSAGE] - SEE MY UPDATE AT THE END
Everything was successful during the installation, but when I added the php code into the page below it does not view properly. No photos, etc. All photos processed successfully during the installation.

photos
(If you click on this link while on the amused2death site you will be redirected to the main domain paattorneys with these photos. I would like the gallery to work on the amused2death domain)

This is the http: address the admin page provides:
AMUSED2DEATH...y=1&theme=dark

When clicking preview on the admin side:
galleries...y=1&theme=dark

It looks as if the photos are loading somewhat, but they do not show.

I am using firefox browser version 3.5.7, but have also tested using IE with similar results.
I am hosted at Godaddy, but with other domains on the same hosting plan.

Also, I can log into the Admin part of the site and view, add or edit photos.

I followed the directions and deleted the install folder following clicking next to go to the admin page. When I did that I would not get anything and was unable to log in to the admin page when this was done. When the install folder is kept I am able to log into the admin side as well as get something on the preview pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ernie

p.s. I posted this as a reply, but wasn't sure if it would be looked. I then thought I posted in a new thread last night, but when logging in today I did not see the new thread. I apologize if this is already in the queue, but want to make sure I get this resolved.

[UPDATE]
Ok, I tested this on the main domain name that my hosting account is under on godaddy.com. It works fine, but does anyone know a solution to make this work when using a subdomain on my hosting account as I would like this to work on amused2death.org?? Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

PowerGallery uses the absolute path, so as long as your sub domain is a sub folder of the main domain, then it should work, otherwise you will need to have a separate power gallery for your sub domain.

e394610

I am using the absolute path...see more detail below

Originally Said By: Dani Chankhour
  PowerGallery uses the absolute path, so as long as your sub domain is a sub folder of the main domain, then it should work, otherwise you will need to have a separate power gallery for your sub domain.  

That's how I have it set up. See description below

I use Godaddy.com hosting.

1. Main hosting account is called let's say "main.org"

When I upload the Power Galley files to the main hosting account "main.org" (in the html default folder) the install of the PG works. See below for the setup that works:

main.org
html
pg(this is where I put my power gallery files)
I then go to main.org/pg and go through the install steps the Power Gallery works.

2. Now when I activate another domain I have in my account on the same hosting plan and create a subfolder for that domain, i.e.:

main.org
html
amused2deathorg
pg(this is where I put my power gallery files)
I then go to main.org/amused2deathorg/pg and go through the install steps the Power Gallery does not work.

I am going to stop testing this and leave all information up where it is so you(webassist) can see what is happening b/c I have tried this many times with the same result. I have also tested on another subdomain to see if the specific domain amused2death.org was the culprit. I tested on amused2death.net as well which is where my files are active now. The links the admin section provides are below.

main link after clicking preview at the top of the admin page
index.php?gallery=1&theme=dark

Direct Link to Your Gallery
index.php?gallery=1&theme=dark

Embed in PHP Page
<?php
$pg_id = '1';
$pg_theme = 'dark';
include('/home/content/e/r/n/ern13/html/AMUSED2DEATHNET/pg/galleries/ribbon_fullsize/index.php');
?>

If someone has had the same issue or if someone else can try it on a another domain on the same hosting account if they use godaddy.com to see if they can recreate the problem I am having and hopefully help me resolve this I would appreciate the help.

Thank you,
Ernie

Dani Chankhour

In your galleries folder, there is a global.php file, try replacing these lines of code:

$pg_config = array(
'path' => str_replace('galleries/', '', str_ireplace(str_ireplace('\\', '/', realpath($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'])), '', $abs_prefix)),
'html_prefix' => str_ireplace(str_ireplace('\\', '/', realpath($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'])), '', $abs_file) . '/'
);

to

$temp_path = str_replace('galleries/', '', str_ireplace(str_ireplace('\\', '/', realpath($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'])), '', $abs_prefix));
$temp_path = substr($temp_path, strpos($temp_path,"/amused2deathorg"));
$temp_prefix = str_ireplace(str_ireplace('\\', '/', realpath($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'])), '', $abs_file) . '/';
$temp_prefix = substr($temp_prefix, strpos($temp_prefix,"/amused2deathorg"));

$pg_config = array(
'path' => $temp_path,
'html_prefix' => $temp_prefix
);

e394610

No luck

Replaced code but no luck. Any other ideas? I am more than willing to provide any files or login info(temporarily) via email or PM for you to check if that is easier. I am no expert, but am learning quickly...especially with the help of webassist products.

I also tried it changing the amused2deathorg to all caps (AMUSED2DEATHORG) to see if it needed to be the exact way as it was spelled out on the hosting account.

Thanks,
Ernie

e394610

Here is the information for both domains on my hosting plan

Ok,

Attached is a text file with the coding and links for both the paattorneys.org domain and the amused2death.org domain. Again, both are on the same hosting plan. The paattorneys.org PG works, the amused2death.org does not work.

I went through the installation steps many times with the same results and I am at a stand still.

Any help and answer will be greatly appreciated. Thank for taking the time to look at my issue everyone.

Ernie

p.s. Let me know if you require additional information to resolve this matter.

Attached Files
A2D.txt
global.zip
index.zip
paattorneysglobal.zip
paattorneysindex.zip

Dani Chankhour

I have opened a support ticket to further assist you with this issue:

supporthistory.php

e394610

Resolved

Thanks to Dani the issue is now resolved.

Check the photos page out.

photos

e394610

Hate to be a pain in the butt...but another issue was created after the fix.

Dani,

Thank you for resolving the viewing issue I was having. After the fix I noticed on the admin side is now not allowing me to make any changes on the manage images tab. It does not allow me to change or update the name or add a description.

If you could, please look into this matter too?
[UPDATE]

I tried this with no luck:
showthread.php?t=10111

I replaced my code back to the original

Thanks,
Ernie

Dani Chankhour

Are you still having an issue after reverting back your changes?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...