close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Using e-cart 5 and powerstore 2 questions

Thread began 2/01/2010 1:13 pm by fraskos393357 | Last modified 2/02/2010 3:58 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3802 views | 9 replies |

fraskos393357

Using e-cart 5 and powerstore 2 questions

hello i am using e-cart 5 and powerstore 2 and i am facing some issues...
I would really like some help from users that already have used these two products.

questions:
1. if i want to create new cart using e-cart, do i have to delete the default cart (WA_Store_Cart_PHP.php file) that is used in the powerstore and insert the new one? and how do i insert it?
I have tried to do some testings and found that after inserting a new cart, the code at the top of the cart.php file still requires the WA_Store_Cart_PHP.php file.

Are there specific steps that i have to follow?

Are there any chunks of code that i have to remove from the cart.php file after creating and inserting the new cart?

2. What is the purpose and function of WA_eCart_Definition_PHP.php file and how is it related with e-cart? When i make modifications to the cart file i have to also upload the WA_eCart_Definition_PHP.php to the server?

3. When i add a modified cart object to the cart.php file, are there any issues with the checkout page? I mean is there going to be some issues that i will have to take care of?

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Power Store is a pre-built solution.

You cannot create a new cart object and tie it into Power Store, you could use eCart to modify power store though.

you can use eCart to edit the power store cart object to add discounts or charges.

the WA_eCart_Definition_PHP.php file contains generic ecart code used by any cart object, it will not need to be uploaded to the server each time.

As long as you are editing the WA_Store_Cart cart object, and not removing any of the cart columns, there should be no effect on the checkout process.

John_GR

Ok I get it:
1. Can I use ecart to change the display of the powerstorecart, without adding any columns?
2. Can I use e cart to change the payment gateway provided by powerstore?
I suppose I have to do this by creating a new checkout page with ecart?
I do this with the checkout wizard of the ecart?
3. I want to use ecart to calculate some flat shipping rates. I suppose at the globals file I should not have fedex or ups activated, right?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

1) Yes, you would need to delete the cart display code from the cart.php page, and remove the eCart Continue Shopping, eCart Update Cart and eCart Checkout server behaviors, then reapply the cart display manager to the page.

2) see the "Changing PowerStore's Payment Gateway with eCart" Tutorial in the how to section of the eCart support page:
powerstore/

3) You can have flat shipping rates on top of the UPS or FedEx rates if you like.

John_GR

Hello Jason
I think i need some clarifications as a newbie non-coder:

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  1) Yes, you would need to delete the cart display code from the cart.php page, and remove the eCart Continue Shopping, eCart Update Cart and eCart Checkout server behaviors, then reapply the cart display manager to the page.  

----how do i delete the cart display code? Where is it located and how it looks like?
I can delete the eCart Continue Shopping, eCart Update Cart and eCart Checkout server behaviors but i'm not quite sure what this cart display code means...

Also you mentioned:
3) You can have flat shipping rates on top of the UPS or FedEx rates if you like.
--------------------What do you mean with "on top" ?
do i hav to make some modifications to the globals file? I wnt to only calculate shipping based on flat rates and not UPS or Fed Ex

Thanks a lot

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The cart display code is on the cart.php page. it is the code in the MainContent editable region.

open the cart .php page, in code view, find the MainContenteditabel region:
<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="MainContent" -->

select all of the code from the begining of the editabel region, to the end of the ediabel region:
<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->

and delete it.

By "on top of" I mean in addition to.

If you do not wish to use the UPS or fed Ex rate look up, you can disable it in the WA_Globals.php file:
$WAGLOBAL_Shipping_Enabled = false;

John_GR

hello,
i have made everything as i was supposed to, but with the new cart display, when i delete a product with a checkbox, it deletes products that are under it. This happens for sure if for example there are four products in the cart. if you delete the second product, it also deletes the products under it.

You can see the page at: index.php and make some tests.
I noticed that the code e-cart generated for the checkbox is different from the one in powerstore.

Do you have any suggestions?

thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of the cart display page.

John_GR

Hello,
messing around and doing some testings i figure to correct the delete checkbox issue. Unfortunately i do not know how i managed it...
But below shipping the shipping's rule name appeared. How do i remove it?

Please find attached the storecart, the cart definition and the cart display page.
Do you think there will be any other issues at the checkout page if i use this layout at the cart page?

thank you very much...

UPDATE:-------------------------
Ok i resolved it. I removed that row and added a: echo WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($WA_Store_Cart, $WA_Store_Cart->GetShipping());
at the shipping row above and now it shows right. You can still check it at index.php

I would still like to know thou if there will be any issues further at checkout if i use this cart page.

thanks!

Attached Files
Archive.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, there should be no issues in the checkout process.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...