close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

No sending, no redirecting and stuck error messages

Thread began 1/17/2010 1:43 pm by dianadolce243401 | Last modified 1/18/2010 2:06 pm by dianadolce243401 | 3588 views | 13 replies |

dianadolce243401

No sending, no redirecting and stuck error messages

Having issues with Contact Form Solution Pack..............

Added two new input labels as per forum instructions, removed the red border on the error message and now the form won't send or redirect to my thankyou page and the errors are visible before anything is typed in the boxes.

Soooo perplexed here...............can anyone take a look and help me?

contact4.php

Most grateful,

Diana

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hi Diana,

I know nothing about PHP, but I have heavily customised a Contact Form SP too; the only thing I notice on you page that's different from mine is that I put the four 'var sprytextfield' lines (and the script tags) below my footer, immediately before the closing </body> tag.

This is more of 'spot the difference' than a sensible suggestion.

neilo

You could also upload a clean copy of the original Spry folder just to confirm whether the error is in the spry files you modified (the css for the red border etc is in the two css files in the Spry Assets folder) or in your contact page.

neilo

I went to your form and filled it out (it looked clean when I got there). I sent a test message, and the error messages appeared. I tried again, but when I refreshed the page, my name (neilo) was still in the 'name' field.

I closed the browser window, cleared my cache /*edit: But not the cookies */ and went back to your contact form page. My name was still in the 'name' field. and the error messages were still displaying.

I have no idea how that could happen, unless it is somehow being cached on your server, or the session error is being written to a cookie (is that possible? Is that even a thing?)

The same thing seems to be happening with two PowerStore Installations (one resolved - maybe) where there is an initial problem with file upload validation, but the error is being 'stored' and persists thereafter (even though the files are being uploaded fine without you knowing it unless you look in the server uploads folder).

I would try uploading your form page and the Spry Assets again (delete them off the server first and go to your contact page and refresh to make sure they've gone).

Edit: I initially just closed the FF Tab that the page was on, and cleared the cache. This time I closed down the actual browser, and the error messages went. But the form still fails on fields after the 'name' field (which isn't a validated field).
Edit 2: Yes - the cookie that stores the session id (PHPSESSID) is preventing me from refreshing the form and is making the errors stick until I close the browser. Sorry for the ramble, Diana.

dianadolce243401

Hi Neilo,

Thanks for trying to figure this problem out............very perplexing.

What is happening to you has been happening to me all day with my name staying in the name field, and the errors coming back each time I view the page. I did everything you suggested and it is still going on. I just don't get it!

I went with the CF solution pack because the CSSform builder is even worst. Can't even modify the original CFSP contact.php in CSSForm builder because it completely messes it up so much that I didn't think anyone would want to help fix it. I really have had great success with WA and hopefully this one glitch will go away very soon.

Any other suggestions????

Diana

neilo

I know how frustrating this is, - I did go through something similar. What I didn't know then that I do know now, is that when testing and you come upon an error, once you've tried stuff and reuploaded files etc, you must close the browser completely and then reopen it before going to your page to see if your modification was any good.

It might help you to have a look at my Spry .css files - the ones that I modified but work OK (and perhaps try substituting them for yours to see if that makes a difference), so I attach them here. You might get something from looking at the contactus.php page code too, so I include that.

But the WA Guys will be in tomorrow, and will probably have a fairly instant logical answer, so make sure to back up your files first if you should decide to try these 'known' working ones as I think they would want to see your originals. (You can see my heavily css-ified example form here. Feel free to send a message - the thank you page is styled similarly.

Attached Files
cfsp_mod_neilo.zip

dianadolce243401

Hi Neilo,
I tested your contact page and it is doing the same thing to me. Even using a different computer this time. I thought maybe the reset button would do the trick, but it still resets to what I typed in even after it was deleted. Something is just not right huh? I started with the contactus.php code and copied it into my existing page. Last night I was hoping the problem was that I put it into a table td and not a div, but since yours in in a div and the same thing is happening again, this doesn't make sense.

I really do appreciate your help and maybe like you said the WA support today may have other suggestions. In the mean time I will pour over your code and see what changes there are compared to mine.

Most grateful,

Diana

neilo

Hi Diana,

I got your form to work OK (not on your site - but redoing your pages here).

I am just cleaning things up a bit, then if you want them I could upload the pages. They should work fine. (you will have to put your email address back in to the WA_Globals). No problem if you are already sorted!

dianadolce243401

Sure Neilo, that would be great! Was there alot of clean up?

I have created another plain paged test form with FB and like others on the forum my captcha won't show. My GD library is up to date. Haven't added functionality with UE yet, could that be the cause? Trying everything I can think of to get a handle on this. Not as easy as WA says that's for sure.

Thanks again for everything you are doing to help me..................

Diana

neilo

Hiya Diana,

No problem, I'm afraid (sadly) that this constitutes 'fun' for me. :(

I have done a mish-mash of yours and my files, to get the functionality, and just need to get the styles finished.

Hopefully you will just need to drop the contactus.php & thankyou pages and a CFSP folder in to your site, put your email address in the WA_Globals.php file and upload. I will need to send this privately, as the files are pretty much all the CFSP and this is a public forum. It is easier that way than sorting out all the separate bits.

Drop me an email: neil [at ] yeractual [.] com , or send one via my demo form page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...