close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't get checkout to work.

Thread began 5/03/2009 11:23 am by dan361579 | Last modified 5/15/2009 3:54 pm by JBWebWorks | 2660 views | 5 replies |

dan361579

Can't get checkout to work.

I've been working on this for 2 days now. I'm new to eCart and not very adept at PHP.
I'm using site root linking for paths
My gateway is Authorize.net. I have their doc's in hand.
I'm testing on a localhost Apache server using php. I can't get curl installed on my Vista local host, but I suspect my problem begins before that dll is req'd.
I've read all related eCart Tutorial and help docs as well as Authoize.net integration doc.

When I use all defaults on the Display Mgr and Checkout wizard. I get into cart.php and from there to checkout.php np, but cannot go further than that. When I click the checkout button in checkout.php, I get a blank screen. One reason I thought was that there is no link to Authorize.net using the checkout wizard (beyond the transaction login info), so I use the Insert Checkout Form button's-->local checkout option.

This form yields all the fields needed for Authorize.net transaction processing and agrees with their integration doc. I save the form as Checkout.php, overwriting the wizard's form with a new checkout page. I get into the cart okay, but now I can't go beyond that.

I suspect the problem has to do with paths, so I searched out every path in these two files and made sure it was site root relative. No help. I've been nosing around in the include files looking for clues too, but don't see anything I should mess with.

I delete everything (including eCart subdir) and start over. Problem loops back to where it began. I've done this maybe 10 times now and its got me stumped.

Ideas? Please!
Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

A blank screen generally means you have debug mode and error messages turned off and the page has an error. You should still have error log files you can check to see the error and line number. My suggestion is to concentrate on getting error messages turned on or getting access to the error logs so you can find the line number and description of the error. Without that you can only take stabs in the dark and that seldom works.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

dan361579

Thank you! Sometimes the obvious isn't. This is a follow-up on 5/10: Thanks to Ray's feedback I was able to get the cart up and running in a couple of more days after a week of pulling my hair out. I'm now in test mode with Authorize.net and progressing nicely. I've programmed in several languages (over the past 20 years or so), but nothing Internet wise more than html. I had no idea that php had an error trapping capability. Dumb to some, but a lifesaver for me. THANKS RAY!!

randy294090

Hi Ray,

I'm also getting a blank confirm screen Where would I turn on the "error messages" on? Is this on my hosting service? Or in Dreamweaver?

Thanks,

Randy

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It is on your hosting service. You may have to ask them how to turn it on as each ISP may have different policies.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

JBWebWorks

try putting this code at the very top of the page you are having problems with

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

worked for me when i had the same problem

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...