close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I can't see pages in home tab

Thread began 12/16/2009 6:12 am by 1387996 | Last modified 12/18/2009 1:46 am by 1387996 | 2669 views | 8 replies |

I can't see pages in home tab

Hi all
The site is working fine on the web but can only see available pages 1 and 11 to 16 on the home tab when signed in.
All the pages are ok on the view / edit tab if I go forward thro pages or search.
The cusomer noticed it in her words
"Tanya was updating the thing yesterday & it kept freezing. I told her to log out etc then when she went back in the main prop page, with the 1-99 props altered very radically! Infact there are only a few pages left! The main add /remove page is still there but obviously with only a few pages to work with we cant update. Any idea what happened to the missing pages".
There are 99 pages in total which all used to work fine on the home page although of course you had to scroll down.
This is urgent please
Thanks Chris

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Chris,

The first thing to do would be to check the database itself for content integrity. If that checks out, I would also reload all the admin files on the site. Lastly, is there any chance that the code on the home page changed for any reason? If so, could you post the code from the page here so it can be examined.

Regards,

Brian

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

I've just deleted and then re-uploaded all the admin files , it still doesn't work.
Chris

Hi Brian or anybody
I've just realised that as I said I can see pages 1 and 11 to 16 on the home tab.
I can click on those pages and open and close.
But when I click on the last one 16 it opens and then shows all the other pages down to 99 below correctly.
If I then close 16 they all close????????
Chris

I've also noticed when 16 is open and I can see lots of the pages, right at the bottom is one page which has got three areas of cms on it (the only page with multiple input areas). This is the only page closed and if I click on it for a second you can see the content scrolling under it but it won't open.
But I can see those pages in view/edit.
So I totally deleted the three content pages and rebuilt from scratch.
Its still the same and I reloaded the html web page as well.
Any ideas please.

I'm back this morning after a sleepless night!!!!!!!!!!!
I've now noticed also that it seems to be that the page length is restricted.
When I click on 16 so I can see all pages if I open up a couple of middle pages the bottom ones scroll off the screen.
Also if I close 16 everything below close just leaving me the 1 and 11 to 16????
Chris

I thought I'd upload all the files again in case theres some corruption.
I won't do the local host and wa_globals and I've already done admin folder.
Will this cause anymore problems.
Please help
Chris

anonymous

As long as your database is still in good shape, you can re-upload the entire Power CMS and just make sure to define the connection properly and it will work fine. In fact, that's what I was hoping you could try... it would be like doing a new install except you do NOT need to run the SQL command file. Just make sure your global settings are identical and reinstall all the PowerCMS files - then give it a try. From what it sounds like, there could be number of issues - but the problem with items when you expand may mean the Moo Tool javascript file has been altered or corrupted.

Regards,

Brian

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...