close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Fatal error: Call to a member function GetContent() on a non-object in /Library/WebSe

Thread began 10/27/2009 6:12 pm by arturo.civit157551 | Last modified 5/13/2010 9:14 am by Jason Byrnes | 5725 views | 8 replies |

arturo.civit157551

Fatal error: Call to a member function GetContent() on a non-object in /Library/WebSe

Hi there, good evening!, I'm having a problem when in a document I'm inserting an add to cart button, when I try to see the document I got this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function GetContent() on a non-object in /Library/WebServer/Documents/DWCS3/Miles/the-collection-details.php on line 6

And I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because I'm just clicking on each box as usual, I'm attaching the document itself ( ZIP file ) , any idea? thanks so much!

Arturo

Attached Files
document.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This error occurs if you name the cart object and your connection the same.

you must use unique names when naming the cart object and other application componants such as the connection or recordsets.

arturo.civit157551

Thanks a lot Jason, one question, is there a way to change the cart name without do it again?

Thanks!

Arturo

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, the cart name cannot be edited.

arturo.civit157551

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  No, the cart name cannot be edited.  

Thanks a lot Jason, ok I upgraded the cart version and used a new name, and now works, however, when I try to pay using paypal standard ( only payment type I have ) I got this:

Return to Merchant

Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

Also, in the confirmation page, if I click on modify information, the system returns me to the prior page where I input the text fields but without values, how can I have those values always there?

I'm attaching the site files without images, thank you for your help!

Arturo

Attached Files
109652.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

for the paypal error change the following on the confirm page:

html:
<input type="hidden" name="address_override" id="address_override" value="1" />

to:

html:
<input type="hidden" name="address_override" id="address_override" value="0" />

for the modify button:
When the checkout page post to the confirm page, the values need to be stored in session variables.

you will need to follow this step for each form element on the checkout page:
on the confirm page, open the server behaviors panel and select eCart -> General -> Set Session Value.

Set the trigger to Any Form Post. Set the name to the name of the form element. Click the lightning bolt next to value and select the corresponding form element.

now on the checkout page, select each form element, in the property inspector click the lightning bolt next to init value (or the dynamic button for select lists) and select the correspond session variable.

arturo.civit157551

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  for the paypal error change the following on the confirm page:
html:
<input type="hidden" name="address_override" id="address_override" value="1" />

to:
html:
<input type="hidden" name="address_override" id="address_override" value="0" />

for the modify button:
When the checkout page post to the confirm page, the values need to be stored in session variables.

you will need to follow this step for each form element on the checkout page:
on the confirm page, open the server behaviors panel and select eCart -> General -> Set Session Value.

Set the trigger to Any Form Post. Set the name to the name of the form element. Click the lightning bolt next to value and select the corresponding form element.

now on the checkout page, select each form element, in the property inspector click the lightning bolt next to init value (or the dynamic button for select lists) and select the correspond session variable.  

Hello Jason, thanks, I changed the value and now works fine, what's confusing for me is the session variables thing, I'll check this out with more detail to see if I understand everything, thanks so much!

Arturo

ch1974us345597

Fatal error: Call to a member function GetContent() on a non-object in /home

I been trying for some time now but still I get the fatal error. I went through and changed all the records and cart name. I don't know what else to do. Please help.

SEE ATTACHED

Craig

Attached Files
site.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In your code you have the following at line 2-4:
<?php
$ACart1->GetContent();
?>

But the line to include the cart is further down the page:
<?php
//WA eCart Include
require_once("WA_eCart/ACart1_PHP.php");
?>

Mover that code to line 2 so it is before the getContent call.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...