close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Looks correct in Preview but not in IE8 or DW

Thread began 10/25/2009 2:31 pm by mike271728 | Last modified 10/26/2009 10:53 am by mike271728 | 1404 views | 3 replies |

mike271728

Looks correct in Preview but not in IE8 or DW

Hi
I have started designing a layout in CSS S. 3.0 and all looks good in the preview but when I view it in IE8 its not quite right the two product divs are not centered anymore.

Also in DW its all over the place with all divs shifted about 200px to the right.

As quoted in a previous topic I cannot rename any new divs either.

I have attached an export of it if anyone wants to take a look and see if they can see a solution.

Thanks

Attached Files
Layout1.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Mike,

Do you have a URL I could preview it in?

One thing to check on IE8 -- and I have zero idea why Microsoft did this - but there's a button at the top to the right of the address bar that when it is toggled on, it is supposed to allow IE8 to better interpret older sites with older code. The problem is, as I found with it, is that my IE8 was set with that "on" as the default. So, make sure that is not on in your IE8.

If you still have issue and can post a URL, I will definitely take a deeper look to see what else I can provide.

Cheers,

Brian

mike271728

Hi Brian
I'll try to setup a page later ihave tried compatible mode on ie and it displays ok in that mode.

It's odd that dw cannot display it right either so something must be wrong in the Css

did run it through validation and is passed as valid so any help appreciated.

mike271728

I found the problem it was cuased by the template adding a margin either side of the content box, once removed all problems went away IE8 no problem so far and DW it was fine too.

Thanks

Mike

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...