close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

About prompt dialog boxes

Thread began 10/23/2009 6:57 am by ivanhalen12190 | Last modified 10/27/2009 12:18 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2707 views | 8 replies |

ivanhalen12190

About prompt dialog boxes

...And last isssue, for now :-)
When working on files (i.e. resizing, rename, etc.) I can't "drag" to select input text content, because when I try to do this the whole message box is moved
On the original KFM I saw that the dialog boxes don't move, and I can select the input texts' content dragging on them: can this be done also in HTML editor?
Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not able to reproduce the problem.

In the advanced image editor dialogue box I am able to drag files around, for example to the delete of copy icons.

ivanhalen12190

Sorry, maybe I was not so clear: I tell you the steps to reproduce the issue
1. right-click on a picture in the Advanced Image Editor
2. choose "resize picture": a prompt appears (popup.png)
3. try to select the number inside the textfield: you can't! When you try to do it, the whole popup moves

neilo

Hi ivan,

Your link is to an image file. The effects you describe are similar to what would happen if you tried to complete the action on an image file. What happens in the real pop-up?

ivanhalen12190

Uhm... I'm not sure I understood...

anonymous

Jason and neilo,

What ivanhalen is trying to say is that once you get the dialogue box for input, you cannot select or highlight the text with your mouse.

I, too, can confirm that you cannot one, select the text with the mouse; and two, move the dialogue box.

It does let you type into the box and save it, but you cannot move it or really use the mouse with it all. It is almost if the Javascript popup was created to not accept any mouse input.

Cheers,

Brian

ivanhalen12190

yes, SOJO, you are right
Anyway, on FF 3.5, I cannot select the text with the mouse, but I CAN drag&move the dialogue box
On the KFM online demo (index.php?lang=en) I can select the text but I can't move the dialog box: I suppose that the last version of KFM fix the selecting text issue...
Does this happens to you too?

neilo

Ta sojo - sorry Ivan, - one day I'll get hold of a stick by the right end.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

OK, I understand now.

Yes, I can confirm this. I will log a bug so our engineers can look into fixing the issue for a future update.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...