close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Install Help

Thread began 10/16/2009 11:33 am by orders391377 | Last modified 10/21/2009 3:15 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2369 views | 7 replies |

orders391377

Install Help

I have purchased this as an extension for Dreamweaver. Downloaded software and help files. How do I get the actual program installed so I can start creating forms? I am already feeling that this software is not what is as promised in the initial sales material I read on this.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The contact form solution pack is not an extension for Creating Forms. there is nothing to install in Dreamweaver.

A solution pack is a collection of PHP scripts that have been created to perform a certain task.

See the description on the Solutions landing Page:
php-scripts-and-solutions/

What are PHP Scripts and Solutions?

PHP scripts are pre-built code snippets that perform a specific task or function. PHP solutions on the other hand are complete pre-built applications (composed of PHP scripts) or pages that add rich functionality and design to your website. Our solutions can be easily customized using any text editor, including Dreamweaver and our Dreamweaver extensions.  

the Contact form Solution pack contains a PHP script called Contactus.php is a contact form that has already been crated.

You need to follow the instruction's in the read_me.html file for modifying the WA_Globals.php file to provide information on your site.

See the Getting Started guide on the Contact Form Solution Pack support page in the Getting Started Section for more specifics:
contact-form/

orders391377

I have clearly then downloaded the wrong item. This was due to a link that I found and followed on Adobe.com. What can be done about this. I thought I was finding a solution and instead have just stumbled onto more problems. Believe me -- when I find a solution to a problem I tell EVERYONE about it.. If you are able to assist me with this and help me get what I paid for (obviously I was looking for an extension to Adobe's Dreamweaver) and that's why I followed the trail to your web-site. I am not versed in PHP and have not uploaded any of your software to my site. What can you do for me?? Go to this page to see what I'm talking about... It is misleading. index.cfm?searchfield=Contact+form+for+dreamweaver&search_exchange=&num=25&startnum=1&event=search&sort=0&interim_dummy_tmpfield=&Submit=

My exact search was: dreamweaver contact forms... I read the information on that landing page and thought I was getting exactly that. A program or script that would work within Dreamweaver

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The contact form solution pack will work within Dreamweaver or any other web page design program including text editors.

the Description on the page you link to says:

Contact Form Solution Pack

Add a pre-built PHP contact form to your site; spam protection built in with four levels of security, including Captcha.

that is exactly what the contact form solution pack is, A prebuilt contact form. Once you modify the WA_Globals file with the correct information for your site, the contact form that is included with the solution pack will send an email to to the address you specify containing the information in the form.

The contact form solution pack was created using Universal Email:
universal-email/

The Universal Email support page has tutorials for using Universal Email to send form information:
universal-email/

If you have further questions, you should contact our sales department at sales@webassist.com

orders391377

Reply to my thread

The problem is I am not familiar with PHP as I am familiar with Dreamweaver. I think you should start by changing the link that I mentioned.

Second, I need specific information on how to do this!

Thirdly, I am NOT happy with the level of customer service. It is clear that I am frustrated and have been trying to do this "simple -- within 5 minutes" form and am being unsuccessful.

I have changed the WA_global files, but have no idea where to go from there.

I have called two times and left messages without a return call. I have emailed without a response. I have even posted on this forum with no more information provided than the help files. Where am I supposed to go from here? I own several businesses and say that customer service is number 1.

orders391377

Another point...

additionally, if you click on the link that I had posted you see that the search was based on "Contact Form for Dreamweaver"...

neilo

Hi orders391377,

May I just ask if you are interested in getting this script to work for you? I notice that you have said in an earlier post that you have not uploaded any WebAssist software to your site. The solution pages would need to be uploaded as described in the support files in order to function.

If you are interested in getting the solution to work on your site, it might be helpful if you explain what happens when you upload and test the pages, and if possible provide a link so that people can see what the problem might be.

This solution will work fine for you if you want it to. It does actually do what it says it will.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have suggested to our sales department that a statement be added to that page saying that the contact form is not an extension.

Can you describe the problem you are having getting the contact form to work?

I will be able t offer assistance in getting it to work once I have an understanding on the specifics of the problem you are experiencing.

As Neilo said, after changing the WA_Globals.php file, the contact from will need to be uploaded to your remote host.

Can you provide a link to the contact form.

When you open the contact form in a browser, do you get an error message?

If not, after filling in the entire form, and clicking the submit button, does it direct to the thankyou.php page?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...