close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Site Import has never worked for me

Thread began 4/13/2009 7:34 pm by petermac | Last modified 12/16/2009 7:15 am by Ray Borduin | 10472 views | 16 replies |

Peter

Site Import has never worked for me

I have tried everything working with tech support to get this extension to work and actually import a full site. It has never done this for me. I get maybe 3-4 files imported if I'm lucky. I've had a support incident open now for 2 months, I've even since installed DW CS4 (after uninstalling DW8) for other reasons and despite 2 different DW versions and not upgrading from one but completely deleting it and installing the full CS4 version still get similar error messages like the following:

TypeError: allUnknownMatch has no properties
TypeError: matchArray has no properties
TypeError: allUnknownMatch has no properties
TypeError: extensionArray has no properties

I am clearly frustrated with products like this that have not functioned properly from the outset and no one can correct it for me. I just keep getting asked to delete my configuration file and re-install all of my extensions like I have all kinds of time on my hands to do this yet again. I am so unhappy that WA puts out products like this that clearly do not function as advertised and worse that no meaningful solution has been offered. Is there any hope??

Sign in to reply to this post

Danilo Celic

I'm sorry that you're running into issues with SiteImport. I know it doesn't help you, but I used SiteImport about 20 times today on various site while testing out some potential changes to better determine some specific types of links that users had reported issues with, and I never had an issue with JavaScript errors.

I'll assume that you have the latest version of the product installed at this point ( 3.0.1 )

If the product has never worked for you (going on 2 months+ based upon your post), then I suggest that you contact sales [at] webassist.com and ask for a refund.

Peter

I've had the extension much longer than 2 months. I only decided to finally try to tackle the problem during that period. I'm envious of your success with the product. I wish you all could create similar successes for me. Sure I might as well submit for a refund if this is what I'm left with. I would probably need some help given the time that has gone by.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What is your incident number? What is the url that produces this error? What operating system are you using?

You give little information that would actually allow me to debug the problem other than that you are using CS4 and the most current version, and that scenario works for me so there must be something else causing the problem.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Peter

This post has been deleted.

Peter

77704, or the other less painful option for both of us is issue a refund. I'm not sure I care either way any longer.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you want to get a refund you need to go through sales. As long as you are using support, people will try to help you instead of refund you. Contact sales directly for a refund.

Peter

I'll try it, but if they balk given the time elapsed I'll have to come back whether either of us likes it or not. I'm not going to throw away good money on a non-functioning product.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Support will eventually get it functioning. I see they have been trying, but since they have still been unable to reproduce the problem it is difficult to fix. We really need to determine what causes it to not function on your machine. For most people the product works.

Peter

For those who may run into similar problems, the solution by tech support is thus: "Those error messages only appear to pop up if you install surveyor after installing site import. If you install surveyor before installing site import, it should fix the problem." I haven't validated this yet but I'll assume it works.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...