close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Registration Problem

Thread began 2/01/2023 1:04 pm by Kue Tae | Last modified 2/10/2023 3:06 pm by Ray Borduin | 338 views | 17 replies |

Kue Tae

Registration Problem

After I tested the validation, I got this numbers ",2,4,5" without the quotation mark.

What is the next step?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Sounds like I may have left some debug code in one of the include files.... can you attach your page? I'd like to take a look.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Kue Tae

The Registration Problem attached files

After I tested the validation, I got this numbers ",2,4,5" without quotation mark around 23.2.1.

But I couldn't find out the exact page to generate the error indicating “,2,4,5” when I tested around 23.2.1.
Anyway, I post the attache files that I did tests around 23.2.1.

Attached Files
lkt_test_01.zip
lkt_test_02.zip
lkt_test_03.zip

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I don't see what would be causing that.... Can you send me a url to reproduce and give me FTP access so I can debug it live?

Kue Tae

Registration Problem

I think that I did not have a url and FTP access, but have a local connection using Xampp Control Panel, phpMyAdmin, Dreamweaver program.
So, I don't think I could understand what you are saying now. Sorry, I am new to know to create a Login page.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Can you show me a screenshot of the errors on the page?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I don't see the "2,4,5" you refer to.... where is that? That usually is a reference to the validation field that failed from lines 14-18 in your code.

2 is password length. It says it wasn't between 6-100 characters in length. 4 is the captcha and 5 is the simple question answer. I'm still confused where you saw those numbers.

Kue Tae

Registration Problem

I posted the screenshot again.

Kue Tae

Registration Problem

I remembered the reason why I couldn't find the page about the validation field.

Because I Iooked over the documentation about validation, I fixed the validation error.
as a result of that, it did not appear the error of ",2,4,5" any more.

After fixing the validation error, I had to meet another error saying "Invalid information, please check your entries and try again".

So, I manually input a user information to phpMyAdmin through Insert item and I tried to register the registration page,
but the page did not work to carry my input to database which stored the same information registered by Insert item.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Well it would be good to get the numbers back because it would tell you which fields it thinks are failing.

After line 5 add this:

php:
<?php @session_start(); ?>

Then on your page somewhere you can see it add this:

php:
<?php

echo("failed: " .ValidatedField('registration','registration'));
?>

Let me know the results. If you still have issues, attach just the registration.php page in your reply so I can take a look.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...