close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Hello, I work with Dreamweaver and have MySQLi Server Behaviors from webassist as an add-on module. Now I have a question: PHP 7.4 will soon be deactivated at my hosting provider. It seems that webassist's scripts are not compatible with PHP 8.1... w

Thread began 11/10/2022 2:09 am by anonymous | Last modified 11/30/2022 10:17 am by Ray Borduin | 282 views | 16 replies |

anonymous

Hello, I work with Dreamweaver and have MySQLi Server Behaviors from webassist as an add-on module. Now I have a question: PHP 7.4 will soon be deactivated at my hosting provider. It seems that webassist's scripts are not compatible with PHP 8.1... what ca

I switched my hosting provider from php7.4 to php 8.1 and my customer's news page was no longer displayed - it was a white page

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The current versions of webassist scripts are all compatible with php 8

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

anonymous

empty/white page after switching to PHP 8.1

Hello, unfortunately it shows an empty/white page after switching to PHP 8.1... what could be the reason?
http://www.weltladen-koengen.de/aktuelles.php

Best regards Andrea

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Add this to the top of the page:
<?php
ini_set("display_errors",1);
?>

That should make the page show the error message and could give a good clue on how to solve it.

anonymous

PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.1

Hello,
Thank you for your response. I added the code to the page - it's still blank. On Monday the hosting provider switched from PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.1 - since then the page has not been displayed anymore. On Sunday everything was still o.k. It must be because of the php conversion.
Greetings Andrea Halm

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you give me FTP access in the private area of a reply, then I can debug the page and try to figure out what is wrong.

anonymous

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  If you give me FTP access in the private area of a reply, then I can debug the page and try to figure out what is wrong.  

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd need FTP access to debug it. I don't see any issue with the page.

anonymous

Hello, as this is a client's site I cannot give you FTP access. The problem is that since the switch to php8 it doesn't show the page with the php script anymore: http://www.weltladen-koengen.de/aktuelles.php ... I've now switched the page back to html and have to do it like this http://www.weltladen-koengen.de/aktuelles.html Thanks anyway for your answers. Greetings Andrea Halm

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you call then I can do screen sharing with you to help you debug it. I have to narrow down the line of code and exact error in order to fix it and I need access to the file to do that. There is very little that could be wrong in that file. I'm thinking it has to be the connection to the database that is wrong, but I can't say for sure without active debugging.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...