close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Page Update Not Working Correctly

Thread began 6/29/2021 2:57 pm by Jared | Last modified 9/27/2021 3:07 pm by Ray Borduin | 345 views | 5 replies |

Jared

Page Update Not Working Correctly

Good afternoon! I have created a backend page that is updating my home page. I have created the form and all of the inputs. Everything seems to be working fine; however, when I click the Save Changes button, nothing happens. When I created the form in Dreamweaver, Dataassist gave an error but finished creating the form. I'm not sure if something got omitted or if I have errors in my php. Thank you for your assistance with this issue.

Attached Files
home.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

In order to support file uploads, your <form> tag should have enctype="multipart/form-data"

Most likely the form isn't updating because it is failing validation. Maybe you deleted a field that was marked as required. When that happens you may not even see the error and it becomes difficult to debug.

Update this:

php:
if ($WAFV_Errors != "")  {

PostResult($WAFV_Redirect,$WAFV_Errors,"home");
   }

To:

php:
if ($WAFV_Errors != "")  {

die($WAFV_Errors);
     PostResult($WAFV_Redirect,$WAFV_Errors,"home");
   }

That will write the error number of the line that is failing validation and allow you to figure out which one it is to correct it. It will have a number 1-67 to match the numbers at the end of each validation check above that you can use to find the correct validation that is failing.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Jared

Still Haven't Figured This Out!

I have sent you a private message.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You had some missing javascript files, and some javascript files in the wrong order on the page. I fixed those and then I added the debug code into the server validation failure section. I think you should be able to get it working from here. Let me know if you have any questions. When you are satisfied it all works, delete line 82.

Jared

Thank you Ray! I am still having errors with the form.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I've added the validation debug code back to the page on line 90.

That will show you what validations are failing so you can debug the issue.

When I just press submit, I see:

Those numbers represent the validation failures. 1 is on line 21, it is the graphic for home info. 6 is on line 26 and it is the home button link... you should be able to track them all down and adjust to get it to work how you want from there.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...