DataAssist Search in conjunction with empty menu pick doesn't work
The Data Assist script that handles searches doesn't seem to handle the case of a Drop-Down Menu Label with no value as would seem to be the reasonable way to handle it.
Here are some steps to demonstrate the issue I am having:
- I have a search form created by Data Assist where a field, say "Color", is originally specified as a Text Field whose ID and Name is "S_Color".
- If the value is blank, then the search result is all colors. This is the correct behavior
- I remove the text field and replace it with a Drop-down menu using the Dreamweaver interface, I give this new menu the ID and Name of "S_Color" but don't populate the menu with any Labels-Values
- I can now do a search and the result is again all colors. This is the correct behavior
- I populate the menu list with the following Label-Value pairs:
- Select a Color-
Note that the "Select a Color" label doesn't have a value
- Now if I execute a search, but choose "Select a Color", I would expect to again see all colors. Instead the search returns nothing. This is the incorrect behavior.
- If I go into Dreamweaver code view and specify a value="" for the "Select a Color" label ( i.e. Replace <option>Select a Color</option> with <option value="">Select a Color</option>), then the search will return all colors, the correct result.
Am I missing something?