close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Replacement for ADDT Dynamic Lists

Thread began 9/13/2009 8:45 pm by lee266802 | Last modified 1/11/2010 7:02 am by dlovas275157 | 5862 views | 15 replies |

lee266802

Replacement for ADDT Dynamic Lists

It would be great if WA could develop an extension to produce dynamic lists similar to ADDT. As they have finished support / development of ADDT I don't really want to use it any more but this SB saves so much time that I'm finding it difficult not to.

Sign in to reply to this post

DarylBeta Tester

I haven't used the ADDT tool that your talking about, but does this not do what you have suggested?

Dynamic Dropdowns

lee266802

It's a lot more powerful than that. It is basically divided into two wizards, one generates the list page. From a recordset it will produce a list (see attached image) that is sortable while clicking on the headings, can be filtered, can page through the recordset by a user defined number per page, generates add /edit / delete buttons and the second wizard generates the details pages. It saves me hours of work.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

A recordset driven data grid. This is a relatively common request. Thank you for the suggestion.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

dlovas275157

ADDT Dynamic Lists/Forms

Lee,

Have you had any luck finding a replacement extension for ADDT Dynamic Lists/Forms? I am looking for the same thing, and was hoping DataAssist could accomplish, but can't tell how close it will get.

Ray,

Does WebAssist have any plans to incorporate the features from ADDT's Dynamic Lists/Forms into DataAssist? I really hope you guys take a close look at what ADDT's Dynamic List/Forms did. It was THE BEST extension to build "searchable/sortable lists" and "forms to add/edit/delete multiple records".

Thanks

lee266802

No, there isn't anything that WebAssist can offer in a complete package that ADDT Dynamic lists can provide. You can do some of it with some of the extensions but not all. I'm in the process of documenting what is required myself because going forward I will not use ADDT.

dlovas275157

Thanks for the reply. I guess we're in the same shoes. Hopefully WebAssist will listen and add the ability to "reorder" records in a dynamic list view.

If I find further solutions, I will post it here. Thanks for reading.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We appreciate the feedback. An AJAX data grid extension has been a very popular request since the announcement of the discontinuation of ADDT, so it is very likely that we will add that to the list of projects we are working on.

dlovas275157

Thanks Ray. Glad you guys are listening.

Another feature of ADDT's data grid I will miss, is the ability to "reorder" records in a table using "up/down" arrows and then click "save" at the top of the order column. To implement this feature you had to have a unique int database column called something like "sortOrder".

You've probably heard this request too.

Thnx again. DL

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Thank you again. Any feature requests that are important to you are worth mentioning.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...