close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Software does not insert data

Thread began 3/27/2018 6:26 am by Jason | Last modified 3/30/2018 7:57 am by Ray Borduin | 2967 views | 14 replies |

Jason

Software does not insert data

Hello,

The webassist mysqli server behavior (insert) is not working, I double checked your documentation if I was doing it ok and 2 servers tested with same behavior. I checked my sql / php logs and they both have no errors but data is not inserted in database. I have added the code below for you to view.

Please help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This code looks correct. Can I see the form html? Is it redirecting to the Thanks.php page?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Jason

Hello Ray,

Attached is the form. Yes when you click send (submit) it does change page. All my bindings are also set from what I see it seems good.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You have your form action set to "Thanks.php". That means you aren't even submitting the form to the page and giving it a chance to do the insert.

Change it to action="" and let the redirect take it to the Thanks.php after the insert and that should solve the problem.

Jason

I thank you very much Ray not sure why it inserts this automatically but ill keep an eye out next time.

works with <form action="" method="post">

Jason

Update now cannot login since fix

My shared hosting provider don't work with this code which is automatically generated by webassist. I did do a test on my local server and it runs fine. Is there any server settings which would cause this running on PHP5.6?

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, first array member is not a valid class name or object in /home/gatewayc/Gateway.jayandsilentbill.info/webassist/mysqli/authentication.php on line 92

Fatal error: Call to a member function execute() on boolean in /home/gatewayc/Gateway.jayandsilentbill.info/webassist/mysqli/authentication.php on line 93

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You probably haven't updated your database connection to work with your live server. The code is probably ok, it just doesn't have the correct database connection or tables in the live database.

Jason

Actually its a duplicate server version and one is hosted. Other pages with the same include (below) are working fine.

<?php require_once('Connections/localhost.php'); ?>
<?php require_once('webassist/mysqli/authentication.php'); ?>

I just retested on local server with same code / PHPversion / DB structure and code does work, just not on hosting.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Can I get a URL and FTP access to test? Usually that error means a bad server, username, or password, but I can debug further to verify.

Jason

Please see PM details.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...