close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can not create a connection.

Thread began 9/09/2017 9:06 am by Dr. David | Last modified 9/11/2017 12:20 pm by Ray Borduin | 836 views | 3 replies |

Dr. David

Can not create a connection.

Just got Dreamweaver CC 2017, it was not an upgrade, it was an original installation from the CC App. No "Database, Bindings or Server-Behaviors," so I bought WebAssist Server Behaviors for DW. I installed it. I now see the "WebAssist" menu tab. Under it is only, "Database." When I click it, I only get, "Model Database." When I click that I get a, "Define Data Model" window with a "Connection" box. saying "None" When I click the "Define" button, DW crashes. I even created a "student.php" connection file in the "c:\xampp\htdocs\student\Connections" folder of my site root, thinking it would show up when I clicked the drop-down arrow, but it doesn't. How do I get to the regular "Database, Bindings, Server-Behaviors" panels?. Dr.David D

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You have to install the free "Database and Server Behaviors" extension from the Adobe store.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Dr. David

I did install Server Behavior & Database, still nothing under Window

Here was my procedure:
Start DW CC 2017.5 Release, 9878 Build
Window menu tab
Behaviors
+ plus sign
Get more behaviors
(See Adobe Add-ons at https://exchange.adobe.com/addons...)
Search: Database or Server Behavior
See: Server Behavior / Database / Components
Click: Server Behavior & Database ( https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/products/1315 )
See: Server Behavior & Database, green checkmark, “Acquired”
Exit DW.
Start Creative Cloud Desktop
Start DW
Still do not see, “Database, Bindings, or Server Behavior” panels under Window.
The WebAssist tab only shows… Database >>> Model Database… Connections show “None”
Clicking the “Define” button crashes DW.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It sounds like it isn't getting installed properly. Another option is to install the Database and Server Behaviors Extension from the DMXZone extension manager directly. I've seen the Adobe install not work and had to do this in the past. It should work when installed from the DMXZone extension manager directly. It is listed as an available extension there under the name: "Enable Server Behaviors and Data Bindings Support"

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...