close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Javascript Error when updating *results.php

Thread began 3/31/2009 6:38 am by ellis.robert.j337464 | Last modified 9/08/2009 2:59 pm by Ray Borduin | 4885 views | 6 replies |

ellis.robert.j337464

Javascript Error when updating *results.php

I have been having this issue for quite some time now and really need to nail down what is causing the issue. After running the DA wizard, if I go to the whatever_results.php page and try to update or edit the Recordset(WADAwhatever) server behavior, I am getting the following error message when leaving the edit mysql dialog box:

While executing applyServerBehavior in Recordset.htm, a JavaScript error occured.

Now I just tested this, and this happens regardless if I update the query or not. Just opening the edit query dialog and closing it causes this error. I am using the latest version of DA on Vista with DW CS4. I can manually edit the record set in code view, but would like to be able to do it via the dialog as intended. In the past I have done all sorts of things to try to correct this issue. Even went as far as to uninstall all the extensions and DW and start from scratch, to no avail. Any ideas?

Also, this only happens on the results page, all of the other pages, insert, update, search, etc, are all fine. I can edit any of the queries on any of the other pages without any errors.....

Bob

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please create a support incident. This problem was introduced in CS4. We have a quick solution that involves updating the Dreamweaver file that creates the problem. We will be implementing a fix in the individual extensions demonstrating this problem in a future dot release of those extensions.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

fragop363190

I run into same problem while im trying to create a new Recordset so i do sth with related data in the results form.

I have opened a ticket please reply asap.

cpfusion

Have just encountered the same error. My ticket has been submitted.

roby258376

Same problem. Submitted ticket as well. Awaiting fix.

simmo515303621

I am having a similar issue

Trying to edit Insert Record behavior

I get the following Javascript Error.

While executing onLoad in WAAB_Insert_SB.htm, the following javascript error(s) ocurred:

In file "WAAB_Insert_SB":
initializeUI not defined

WHere do I create a supprot ticket or have I just done it:)

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You need to delete your filecache .dat file.

showthread.php?t=3977&highlight=winfilecache+appdata

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...