close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Editing Powerstore cart.php with eCart

Thread began 9/01/2009 2:39 pm by jcmiyake381521 | Last modified 9/08/2009 3:45 pm by Jason Byrnes | 9092 views | 7 replies |

jcmiyake381521

Editing Powerstore cart.php with eCart

In order to add some features to my store that are not in PowerStore, I'm using eCart.

Using the eCart Checkout Wizard with cart.php open, I've set up the shipping, payments and now I'm on the orders window.

On Step 1 of 2, Store order summary in DB; Do I have to select all the values using the dynamic button for all of the tables and columns? If so, in the orders table, for the "OrderUserID" which value, from which field should I select?

The help file describes "OrderUserID" as:

In this example, the user has logged in and his unique user ID has been assigned to a session variable, UserID. The code for writing this session variable appropriate to the server model has been entered manually into the Value field and the binding updated.

So should I use the Session ID from the WAGlobals field? Or something else? I wish this just automatically populated, but that might just be a pipe dream.

After scanning through the forum, I came across a post by Ray:

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Basic use of payments standard is not a problem. Advanced customization of email and database order contents is where the difficulty comes in. They all can be managed through the eCart interface, but the steps and testing can be complex when custom email and database integration of orders are involved.  

That being said, do you think you could provide a list of all the values for each of the fields? I know it's a tall order, but I keep finding more columns that I can't ID from the DB and I can't complete this project without this. Or is there a resource somewhere which lists the values for columns? The eCart help file isn't helping me much

This is is one of the last things I need to do to complete this site, so I'd REALLY appreciate it if someone could reply with a helpful answer soon.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The power store pages already contain all of the needed checkout pages. you will not need to rerun the checkout wizard.

In confirm.php page that came with power store, there is already a Store order Summary and Store order Details behavior on the page, and the DB Columns are already bound to the correct values. You can use the existing confirm page as a reference

ramenfreak

Okay Jason, I've been tinkering around with eCart and used the documentation on your site, titled, "Changing PowerStore's payment gateway with eCart" I've tried to highlight my questions so that you can see what I need specific answers to.

The features I need in my store are:
- Authorize.net Credit Card and PayPal (non-pro) payment processing
- Selectable shipping options from USPS (Priority Mail) and UPS (Ground & 2nd Day)

I'm following, verbatim, what the document (referenced above) is telling me to, but have a few questions:

First of all- I still have my confirm.php file open and already deleted the checkout behaviors, ecart local checkout for authnet and pp_direct pay. I've also deleted the extra code on lines 580-604.

In the Adding the new local checkout behavior section, step 4 of 5: Specify optional field values. For the field name, "x_tax" what value do I enter when the taxes are state specific? I've added the tax settings, lines 69 & 70 to the WA_Globals.php file.

Step 5 of 5: Setup PayPal Express Checkout- the check box is checked. I've entered the sandbox user, password and signature. The OrderTotal field value is already populated with, "<?php echo $WA_Store_Cart->GrandTotal() ?>". I don't know what to enter into the following fields' values, because the description reads, "Full URL...", please let me know what values should be used for, ReturnURL and CancelURL.

Payment Action's value is "Authorization" is that correct?

After I save may confirm.php page- what other steps do I need to take to have PayPal and Auth.net payments work on my store?
Do I need to make changes to the cart.php or checkout.php files?

Do you have a document available that lists the steps to add the selectable shipping options I need to add to my PowerStore with eCart?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Just to clarify a couple of points, are you using Power store 2?

if so, Authorize.net and PayPal Express Checkout are already implemented, you do not need to use eCart to add these payment gateways.

Paypal Payments standard is not supported in PowerStore, you will lose functionality if you try to switch to payments standard.

To use multiple shipping providers, you would need to create a select list on the checkout page for the user to chose. On the confirm page, you would need to store the chosen selection in a session variable.

After adding the server behaviors for the shipping providers you want to use, you will need to hand code the trigger for the server behavior to compare the session variable value so the look up only ocurs if that was the chossen shipper.

You would also need to edit the shipping rule in the eCart objest to add the session variable value as a trigger. We do not have any explicit documentation for this, but it should be pretty strait forward if you are comfortable writing PHP code, and using eCart.

ramenfreak

Yes, I am using PowerStore2.

Ugh. I just found this thread. I guess I thought, because of the way that the PowerStore marketing verbiage was worded, that if you had eCart you could modify PowerStore to exactly what you needed. I'll just have to tell the merchant that I'm working with that she can't have PayPal on her site.

Specifically, what do I need to delete to fully remove the PP processing from the checkout? (I just don't want to screw-up the rest of the check-out process)

As for the shipping options, you said:

After adding the server behaviors for the shipping providers you want to use, you will need to hand code the trigger for the server behavior to compare the session variable value so the look up only ocurs if that was the chossen shipper.
You would also need to edit the shipping rule in the eCart objest to add the session variable value as a trigger. We do not have any explicit documentation for this, but it should be pretty strait forward if you are comfortable writing PHP code, and using eCart.

I'm just getting the hang of using the eCart extension pack, but PHP is still pretty foreign to me. Adding the select list won't be a problem, but the hand coding- frankly- I have no idea how to do what you're telling me to do. Should I just include this in my support ticket?

As I mentioned before, shipping options are standard fare with eCommerce sites, and I really thought that the store would be more customizable with the eCart extension pack- without so much hand coding. I would appreciate any help you can provide with adding this common store feature. Thanks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

To Remove PayPal, you realy just need to Remove the PayPal Express Checkout button on the checkout page.

Power store has support for UPS, Fed Ex and USPS already, to allow customers to chose which of these providers to use, add the following select list on the checkout page:

html:
<select name="shipping_Provider" id="select">
<option value="1">UPS</option>
<option value="2">FedEx</option>
<option value="3">USPS</option>
</select>

Then add this code in on the confirm page around line 50:

php:
<?php

if(isset($_POST['shipping_Provider']) && $_POST['shipping_Provider'] != "") {

$WAGLOBAL_Shipping $_POST['shipping_Provider'];
}
?>

make sure it is just after the following:

php:
<?php

require_once("WA_eCart/PP_ECO_Scripts/PP_ECO_PHP.php");
?>

ramenfreak

I added this to my page, but when I select something other than the default shipping company in my wa_globals.php file- I get an error message:
"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in D:\Hosting\2016357\html\blaquemajiq_test\checkout_failure.php on line 23"

Also- how do I add the shipping provider options (i.e., if the user selects UPS, a selectable list appears with "ground", 2day or overnight if the user selects USPS the option of priority or first class are selectable)?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What is at line 20 - 25 of the checkout_ failure.php? the error is occurring at line 23, so it would be helpful to know the code producing the error.

This second part is a bit difficult, you would need to be proficient in java script to make the correct select list display depending on which shipping provider where chosen, then you would need to modify the code for the shipping provider to use the selected shipping method. If you are not comfortable with javascript, you may want to enlist help with this in the job board.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...