close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart Display Manger is not showing

Thread began 9/08/2015 10:02 pm by Shawn | Last modified 8/22/2023 7:20 pm by Bill | 1181 views | 3 replies |

Shawn

eCart Display Manger is not showing

The "Display Manager" is still not open, below is the gray code only appeared on my cart.php page:

<!--MENU-LOCATION=NONE-->
<!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- File Name:
- WA eCart 02Display.htm
-
- Description:
- Opens the Display Manager
-
-
- This file contains proprietary and confidential information from WebAssist.com
- corporation. Any unauthorized reuse, reproduction, or modification without
- the prior written consent of WebAssist.com is strictly prohibited.
-
- Copyright 2002 WebAssist.com Corporation. All rights reserved.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

I carefully followed every steps,
1. Create an eCart object
2. Add to cart button to the products page
3. Created a cart.php page
4. Go to the cart design step, went to WeAssist > Display Manager
5. Popup window says: View > Visual Aids > check the "Invisible Elements"
6. I did, and go to "WeAssist > Display Manager" again,
6. Only piece of gray code appears, but there was nothing to see the "eCart Display manager" window.

Shawn
xleeus@gmail.com

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'll have to debug this with you in a screen sharing session. Please post a US phone number or Skype contact information and I'll call and look into this with you directly. This is not expected behavior.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Bill

Hi Ray I'm experiencing the exact same thing.

I am following along with the tutorial
Integrating Data Bridge and eCart everything is fine until I add the ecart object. Well I add it and it installs good. But then when I create a cart.php page. And when I am trying to add Display manager. A box pops up that says You wont see the element unless View > Visual Aids > Invisible elements is checked, and the preference setting for this element is on.

So I go to view > visual aids > Invisible elements is checked on.

I am not really sure what the second part means.

1). I’ve uninstalled Databridge, and PayPal free tools, and design extender. Then I reinstalled everythingand tried again.

And I am running into the same problem with installing the Display manager.

2). I went into Program files > Adobe > Dreamweaver cs6 > Configuration and deleted the dll file.

I am still not able to add display manager to my cart page.

Not sure what to do.

Bill

SOLVED *** Problem with Display manager not displaying correctly on cart page.

After searching the forums I came across a post that said to delete a file from your configuration folder under dreamweaver.

I guess deleting this file helps solve a lot of issues that come up. The post says if your software is acting funny (common issues with DW) that your supposed to locate the WinFileCache.dat file and delete it.

Where I went wrong was I didn't notice that you were supposed to have DW closed while you delete the file. Aha, I didn't do that. So I uninstalled and reinstalled ecart6, and this time when I located the file I made sure to close Dreamweaver before I deleted the file.

So I went through the motions of creating a new ecart object and was able to add the display manager to my cart page.

So far so good, I just wanted to share my solution in case anyone else is having the same issues.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...