close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Odd behavior with CSS

Thread began 6/08/2015 9:36 pm by anonymous | Last modified 6/09/2015 2:45 pm by Ray Borduin | 2751 views | 3 replies |

anonymous

Odd behavior with CSS

I have a client that wanted to stay with their current host. They currently have a wordpress site on the host server.

I created a new website (with a lot of webassist products) and can FTP everything but for some reason the CSS will not work - even though it is attached correctly.

Since I have not worked with this host (looks like a reseller deal) I am stuck.

Here is the simple page:
http://www.allislandspeech.com/index-Landing.php

Is it some sort of Wordpress loop?

Sign in to reply to this post

SPT

Sorry to have been accidentally logged in "anonymous" ...This is actually my question above. ^^

So notice if you go to the webpage posted above and look at the source code. If you try to open the CSS style sheet it kicks you over to the main index page....not the style sheet.

http://www.allislandspeech.com/SPT-Css/Landing.css

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Are you sure the file has been uploaded? Is that the correct path (case sensitive)?

Going to the blank page is just what they have set up for 404 errors (no page found)...http://www.allislandspeech.com/fake.php goes to the same place.

It could be something in the .htaccess file... if you are sure the page is uploaded and it isn't an issue with case sensitivity, then maybe try deleting the .htaccess file temporarily and see if you can get to the .css file then, that will narrow it down anyway. (of course save a backup of the.htaccess because it might be necessary for your wordpress site to run)

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

SPT

Thanks Ray,

I think you are right on with the .htaccess

Appears the Wordpress site has something called "BulletProof Mode"

The .htaccess if full of rewrites.

I am going to test and will reply with my results.

Big thanks as usual!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...