close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How do I remove WA behaviors after attempting to use FB?

Thread began 8/27/2009 10:54 pm by steve387748 | Last modified 12/07/2009 4:46 pm by toms016390756 | 8736 views | 7 replies |

steve387748

How do I remove WA behaviors after attempting to use FB? - RESOLVED

I tried to use Form Builder on an existing simple login form that I had created by hand and that was working with spry validation widgets.

After following directions for using an existing form FB created a form that was way too wide for the section of the page where I had the original form located. It added lots of divs and of course those aren't recognized by DW which caused the look and feel to break.

Then I decided to just leave the form alone and did a bunch of Undos (until there were no more that could be done). However, when looking at the Bindings panel in DW, I see that the FB frmLogin and Server Variables are still listed in the Bindings panel. How would I remove this so that I can get the page back to its original state?

steve

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Select each Server Behavior in the Server Behaviors panel and click the Minus Button to remove them.

steve387748

The problem isn't removing server behaviors, it's removing the Bindings that appear related to FB. I see a whole list of server variables. Are these always visible as Bindings once I installed the FB extension? Perhaps that's what is throwing me off. I thought that somehow these server variables that are shown on the Bindings tab were inserted as a result of me attempting to create a form and I wanted to return to the original file without using FB. If they always show up in the bindings panel regardless of whether I use FB or not, then I guess that means it isn't an issue.

steve

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You can remove data bindings in the same way. On the Bindings panel, select the binding and click the plus button.

steve387748

Did you mean to say to select the data binding in the bindings panel and click the MINUS button? When I click anything that shows up in the bindings panel that's related to WA tools such as WA Cookies, Session, Server Variables, etc., the minus button is not enabled. This means there's no way to remove anything that's in the bindings list (that I didn't personally add).

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, I did mean the Minus button, sorry for the confusion.

Bindings on the Bindings panel are not necessarily tied to the page, It is a list of possible variables that have been defined throughout you site that can be used on that page.

The ones cannot be removed via the the minus Button you can safely ignore. They do not have any baring on the code that is on the page.

steve387748

Thanks, this explains why I was unable to remove the bindings. They are just there in case I want to choose one, but not associated with the page per se.

steve

toms016390756

Thanks it worked!

--- My baby:

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...