close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Form Builder and DA

Thread began 8/17/2009 12:09 pm by meister281653 | Last modified 8/18/2009 1:54 pm by Ray Borduin | 3434 views | 5 replies |

meister281653

Form Builder and DA

Hi,

does that work with DA? To update my database?

How do I integrate the HONEYPOT like in the Contact Form Extension?

Denis

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If you have a page open that already contains a form, when you go to Insert -> WebAssist -> Insert CSS Form, it will import the existing form into form builder. When tyhe form is applied however, it will rewrite the existing form. This means that in the case of an update page, you will need to reapply the Initial values to the form elements.

Honey Pots are hidden form elements that are validated to be blank.

When you create the form, you can add hidden form elements to the page, in the Validation section enter the following in the RegEx box:
/^$/i

after the form is applied, you will need to modify the validation though.

In the server behaviors panel, double click the WA Server validation server behavior, and update the Regular expression validation. you need to check the allow blank entry box.

meister281653

So, this means, I create a FORM, do the DA things, and then its not so good to re-enter the FORM-Wizard, cause then I have to ad all the DA things again?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You would have to update some dynamic bindings and form element values. The basic functionality of DataAssist would remain, just the form would be replaced and form values would have to be reset.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

meister281653

ok.

will there be something in the future to have it included in CSS Form Builder.

and to the honey pot do I have to check the checkbox for required the /^$/i?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The direction we will probably go is to have DataAssist generate forms with Form Builder.

Yes, that would be how you would do a simple honeypot, but it appears you would also have to update the server behavior afterward because by default it would not allow a blank entry.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...