close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

doesn't return results

Thread began 9/13/2013 1:05 pm by anonymous | Last modified 9/16/2013 2:00 pm by anonymous | 710 views | 7 replies |

anonymous

doesn't return results

Hi, I'm trying to setup a search page that returns results on the same page where the search field is. I tried one version first and it kept bringing back all results regardless of the search term. I then edited again using the DataAssist Search tool. Now the page just comes back broken. I was wondering if you could take a peak and let me know where I'm messing up :-)

What's supposed to happen: The user enters a search term and clicks search. 6 db fields are checked for the search term. If the search term shows up in any record in one of the fields, that record (s) should be returned.

I'll attach the file. Please let me know if you need anything else. I'm looking for two answers... first, what's missing or wrong? 2, I'd like to know how to use the tool properly because I need to do this for two more pages and i'd like to use the tool.

Thanks a million
Nelson

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It looks like the trigger you have used for the data Assist search behavior is Recordset rs_careers Is Empty.

You should use the search form as a trigger instead, see the PM

anonymous

Follow-up

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  It looks like the trigger you have used for the data Assist search behavior is Recordset rs_careers Is Empty.

You should use the search form as a trigger instead, see the PM  

Thanks, I'll look at that.

anonymous

Improved results but still not great. See comments in PM

Attached Files
about_careers_search_test.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

See PM

anonymous

Thanks again for the HUGE help!. so sorry... one last question. It's all looking good and I have added my where statement into the careers recordset (WHERE date_archive > CURDATE()) but when I test it, there's an OR between the date query and the webassist query... it should be an AND... how would I change that? Basically I want OR between the field compares AND it must be current (date compare)

Here's what the bit of code you set up for me says (the OR right after CURDATE()):
query: SELECT * FROM careers WHERE date_archive > CURDATE() OR ((category3 LIKE '%Nurse%') OR (competitionno LIKE '%Nurse%') OR (position_summary LIKE '%Nurse%')) ORDER BY category3 ASC

Thanks again

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the Data Assist Search server behavior, set the separator for the first search Criteria to AND.

anonymous

That did it! Changing the separator to AND resolved the issue. Thanks again for all the help.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...