close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dynamic content

Thread began 8/16/2009 10:15 pm by ron369236 | Last modified 8/17/2009 3:52 pm by john275907 | 2126 views | 4 replies |

ron369236

Can CSS Form Builder Use Dynamic Content?

Can CSS Form Builder be used with dynamic content? I am not seeing where to bind data to a form field. After manually adding the bindings, they are over written when the tool is re-entered to make any other edits.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This first version will not maintain dynamic content, html edits, or CSS edits when editing the page in DW after the form builder has run.

It is a better form builder than form editor.

Once you edit form contents, structure, or css you could not re-enter the wizard without stepping on those updates.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

ron369236

Looking forward to data binding

It sounds like the ability to bind fields to a database field from within the tool could be coming in the future?

I own everything WebAssist makes. Working through the initial frustrations with a new tool has always turned out to be well worth the time.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We will definitely be working on integrating the new formbuilder technology into other tools to make more complete and easier to use extensions and to improve and standardize how forms are built in other tools such as DataAssist.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

john275907

CSS Form Builder - A welcome addition.

A great thing happened this morning !! I received an email informing me of the new CSS Form Builder. Yesterday I struggled for a couple of hours with the Contact Form Solutions Package just to build a simple form with validation, captcha and add Universal Email to email it. A process that takes but a few minutes with another product I use.

I am a long time ADDT/Interakt-Kollection user and love the way their bits n pieces all plug-n-play. What I seriously missed with the Contact Form Solution package was support for dynamic form fields. So I look forward to seeing that capability included in a future version of CSS Form Builder. In the meantime, when I need dynamic forms I will have to revert back to ADDT and for static forms, will use the CSS Form Builder which I am sure will be a huge step forward over the Contact Form Solutions Package. Well done WebAssist.

Now, if you had a strategy to migrate ADDT users that would be good to hear.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...