close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dynamic Map not showing

Thread began 6/25/2013 2:25 pm by Robert | Last modified 7/16/2013 7:34 am by Jason Byrnes | 1326 views | 6 replies |

Robert

Dynamic Map not showing

I have a result page that includes an image that should link to it's map. The map is not showing. I downloaded the entire webassist folder to the server. Would you please take a look at it. Enclosed are the files.
Also, this is a link to the page.
http://www.palmbeachgrapevinedirectory.com/ResultsForBusinessCSL.php?Parent=3&Child=15&Location=&Submit=Search&WADbSearch1=Submit&WADbSearch2=Submit
If you click on the spinning globe image, it should take you to the map, but the page is empty.

Attached Files
MapFeatured2.php
ResultsForBusinessCSL.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the source code in the browser shows a badly foprmated page, there are multiple instances of the code HTML tags:

<!doctype html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Those tags should not be repeated. because they are being repeated, it is breaking the Google Java script.

most likely the header2.php and footer2.php pages have those tags.

instead of using require_once to add those pages, use framework builder includes.

Robert

I created a new map page without a header or a footer. It still shows a blank page.I am inclosing 2 new attachments. Also here is a link to the page.

http://www.palmbeachgrapevinedirectory.com/ResultsForBusinessCSL.php?Parent=3&Child=15&Location=&Submit=Search&WADbSearch1=Submit&WADbSearch2=Submit

Maybe I am not linking correctly from the spinning globe image....I linked directly to the map page. Is there session that continues there. None of the videos covered that.

Attached Files
MapFeatured3.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

most of your addresses dont exist.

some of them are badly formatted.

for example,

the address:
Valencia, Rutherford College
, 123456

contains a line break after College that is causing a javascript error.

you have that address repeated a couple of times, but one of them has the line break.

all of your addresses have false zip codes:

some have the state and zip in the same field

Robert

I fixed the addresses in the database.I separated State and Zip, deleted bad false zip codes...
Still no difference. I don't know what am I doing wrong.

My result page contains a link to the detail page that contains the map. I tried filtering ID on my map page so it shows up, but it didn't work.

Enclosed are the new files.

Attached Files
Map4.php

Robert

The map shows up after a minute or so. Should it take that long?

The problem is, I am getting same location over and over. It is not pulling up dynamic Addresses.

Please help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Looking at the source, it looks like there are some 200 or so address records being returned, it can take a little for the database server to return that amount of data.

if in the source, i still see some bad addresses, there are some that are using PO Boxes:
street: 'PO Box 6281',

some that include suite numbers:
street: '9960 Central Park Boulevard - Suite 275',

some including apartment numbers:
street: '1700 NW 64th St. #400',

and some that include only the state:
full: ', , FL, ',

all of those will slow the loading of the map down.

the ones that include only the state will all resolve to the same place, but it will take multiple instances of accessing the geocoder because it is repeated over and over,

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...