close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

add additional fields to SecurityAssist: Create Pages

Thread began 3/13/2013 11:56 am by louis446366 | Last modified 4/04/2013 8:41 am by Louis | 6302 views | 76 replies |

louis446366

add additional fields to SecurityAssist: Create Pages

Hi all

Is it possible to add additional form fields in SecurityAssist: Create Pages?

If not how do i go about doing this. I want to remove and add more fields to the default fields SecurityAssist already offers.

i suppose i can do it manually, which looks like a lengthy process. Have to add my own validation and and and...

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the fields that are used by the wizard are based on the fields available in the table you are select as the users table.

you would need to create the users table with the desired fields in it before running the wizard, and set the wizard to use that table.

louis446366

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  the fields that are used by the wizard are based on the fields available in the table you are select as the users table.

you would need to create the users table with the desired fields in it before running the wizard, and set the wizard to use that table.  

i see i can also go into CSS Form builder and edit or add fields there?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

no, you will need to add the fields to the database before running the wizard.

louis446366

so i do that in Phpmyadmin first right? or is there a wizard that can help me with that?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you do that in PHPMyAdmin before running the wizard.

louis446366

then do i run the CSS Form builder or the SecurityAssist wizard?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The security assist wizard.

louis446366

Hi Jason

I've added all the fields now.

Just need some advice on file uploads.

before i get into the file uploads i just want to recap on what i have so far.

I have created a users table in my database that will work with my registration.php page. I have also created tables for drop-down menus in the registration.php page.

Then i've cloned the users table and called it users_update table to work with my users_update.php page. I've added extra rows (which is sensitive info) to my users_update table for my client to complete his/her registration.

getting to the file uploads bit:

on the users_update.php page i want my client to be able to upload documents (for example: proof of payment, company registration documents, Id documents)

What i want to know is should i let the client upload the files (sensitive files) into the database (for instance users_update table or into a different table like file_upload ? ) or in a folder on my server?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The files should be uploaded to a folder on the server.

The file names will be stored in the database table.

You can create a column in the users table to store the file name, then when running the security assist wizard, on the manage pages tab, go to the configure field settings section, and set the file name column to display as a hidden element in the forms.

you probably dont want to include that column in the registration page, only include it in the user update page.

after the pages are created, you will need to add a file field, and the File Upload behavior.

place your cursor next to the hidden element in design view, then go to Inssert -> Forms -> File Fiield to add the file browse field

Go to WebAssist -> File Manipulation -> Upload file.

In the upload settings, select the File Field from the list, on the second step, click the lightning bolt next to Default File Name and select the Hidden Element

after the upload behavior is added, edit the update behavior. For the file column, click the lightning bolt and expand the W Uploaded Files (Files Field Name) binding group, and select the Server File Name binding.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...