close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error Opening DataAssist Pages

Thread began 5/03/2012 11:12 am by Doug Levy Designs | Last modified 5/29/2012 6:36 am by Jason Byrnes | 2930 views | 8 replies |

Doug Levy Designs

Error Opening DataAssist Pages

I've got a new installation of DataBridge and e-cart, I created a new php "blank" page and saved. I choose Webassist>DataAssist Pages and get two errors.

Error in makePreviews TypeError:pElm has no properties after clicking ok i get Error in uilnitialized TypeError wa.user_interface.preview_array(0).preview_oblect.cleanUpOld is not a function.

In another area, your documents show under insert>Webassist>"should show "DataAssist">DataAssist Wizard but i only show .e-cart, preset manager, get more extensions

Sign in to reply to this post

thom389733

pElm error

Having the same issue here. Also why do I need ten words when "Me Too" should be sufficient?

Originally Said By: Doug Levy Designs
  I've got a new installation of DataBridge and e-cart, I created a new php "blank" page and saved. I choose Webassist>DataAssist Pages and get two errors.

Error in makePreviews TypeError:pElm has no properties after clicking ok i get Error in uilnitialized TypeError wa.user_interface.preview_array(0).preview_oblect.cleanUpOld is not a function.

In another area, your documents show under insert>Webassist>"should show "DataAssist">DataAssist Wizard but i only show .e-cart, preset manager, get more extensions  

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

what other extensions are installed besides eCart and Data Bridge?

Did you install eCart 5.0.4 before installing Data Bridge? installing it after Data Bridge will cause errors.

Have you tried Deleting the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.pdf

With DataBridge, the access point for the dataAssist wizard is under Webassist -> Database -> Create DataAssist pages

the Insert - >Webassist -> DataAssist access point was for the older DataAssist 2

Doug Levy Designs

Reset Performed and Reloaded

I've reloaded in proper order and cleared .dat file, now when i try to use DataAssist Pages I get an error: Error in uilnitialize ReferenceError: xmlToObj is not defined.?

I also jsut tested SecurityAssist i'm getting more errors Panel 159 could not be created. Removing it from list after selecting ok get JavaScript error line 262 The object is not currently contained in a document?

other ext. seem to be working ok?

Current Extensions:
Tools for Google, Lightbox, Rss extension for dw, Drop-Down Obsidian Menu, Sitemap Everyday, EasyRotator, Paypal ecommerce toolKit, PalettePicker, HTML5 hinting for cs3 cs4, webassist.com PayPal ecommerce Toolkit, Ecart, DataBridge, Spry 1.6.1 Updater CS4

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Doug Levy Designs

Still Have Issues

I tech called me and determined, that the files need to be saved "NOT OPENED" from download and e-cart must be installed before DataBridge, it appeared to work ok after we performed these actions, but we jsut did not go through far enough, on DataAssist Pages. Get 3 Errors:

Panel 163 could not be created removing from list
JavaScript error Line 149 Floaters\WA_SiteTools_ProgressV2.js SetPreferenceInt Argument number 3 invalid

onClick in WADA_Main.htm Line 262 Scripts\ListControlClass.js not in document.

There is also no current documents to learn how this systems works, so much for trying it our for two weeks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We have identified this error as a problem in DWCS4, w will be releasing an update in the next couple of days to address the problems.

Doug Levy Designs

ReCaptcha not showing on webassist Fourm

For some reason when i try to post a new thread or reply to some others, the image verification is not showing. This makes it very difficult to get help. Can you please shed some light on this.

Of course the image worked on this thread, which is why this question is here.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have updated your account to an account level that does not require image verification.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...