close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Display map according to zip entered

Thread began 3/29/2012 1:12 pm by charlesb369775 | Last modified 4/06/2012 8:56 am by Jason Byrnes | 2053 views | 5 replies |

charlesb369775

Display map according to zip entered

With over 600 records in our database, we need it to display according to a small area, not the entire collection. To that end we have a zip code search box that also provides a radius calculation to retrieve the record set. However, we need to center the map on the coordinates of the zip code.

I can get the latitude and longitude values but I need to enter those into the wagmp_map file. Is there an option to do that? I see the following on line 112 but can I center the map to center on the coordinates I pass into this file?

function wagmp_map_1() {
if(GBrowserIsCompatible()) {
if(!document.getElementById('wagmp_map_1')) return false;
var map = new GMap2(document.getElementById('wagmp_map_1'));
wagmp_map_1_obj = new WAMapRef(map);
map.enableContinuousZoom();
map.enableDoubleClickZoom();
map.addControl(new GSmallMapControl());
map.addControl(new GScaleControl());
map.addControl(new GMapTypeControl());
var geocoder = new GClientGeocoder();

var fromAddress = {
enabled: false,
street: '',
city: '',
state: '',
zip: '',
full: ''
};

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

find each instance of:

map.setCenter(point, 13);

and replace the point variable with your latitude and longitude.

charlesb

Almost there...

I have the map zoom level set so that locations are showing up for the zip entered...unless there are too many.

If I enter a zip code with a recordset of 4-5 stores being returned, then the zoom level is at 9 but the map still centers on the first record. In addition, if there more than 12 records, the pushpins appear and then immediately disappear leaving only one on the map.

I looked to see if there was a _promaps_cache folder but none is created on the server as all the records are pulled directly from the database with lat and lon values.

I changed the following (line 183) to reflect the latitude and longitude of the zip code entered by the user. A separate database contains all the zip and postal codes for North America and the values below are extracted from that database before doing a radius search for the retailers. If the code doesn't exist, then an error message is displayed to the user. (A different error message displays if there are no retailers in their area.)

var point = new GLatLng(<%=lat1%>, <%=lon1%>);

If I look at the source code of the page with the missing pushpins, I see all the addresses and lat and lon values correctly in each set of values but it always ends with the following line:

wagmp_map_1_obj.addressFailed = true;

Any ideas? Should I open a ticket?

Using ASP Classic with IIS6 in Win2003 (I know..outdated but required at this time...)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a link where i can see the problem and a copy of he google_javascripts folder.

charlesb

Where would I send that? Private Messaging is disabled and I can't post the link publicly.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...