close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Entering captcha incorrectly changes URL and form loses design

Thread began 12/03/2011 5:51 am by kristyway385888 | Last modified 12/05/2011 8:27 pm by kristyway385888 | 1021 views | 2 replies |

kristyway385888

Entering captcha incorrectly changes URL and form loses design

Hello. Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question... I have searched the various forum threads to find a solution, but nothing is found... so must mean it's just my error :)

My query relates to entering the captcha code incorrectly.

The current validations on the fields work fine, and if I don't enter the captcha at all when I press Submit, the field turns red, and I get my validation text. All works as it should. (see attachment #1)

However, if I enter the captcha incorrectly then press Submit, it begins to process the form, then it seems to append the original web address in the address bar, so it creates a type of loop, so my form has no css and looks terrible. (see attachment #2)

What have I not entered somewhere, for the form to remain on the current page, but just bring up a validation for the captcha?

web address for test form: testsite1/
web address for test form (after entering in captcha code incorrectly): index.php?invalid=true

I would appreciate any help you can give. I’ve managed to solve my other issues by your solutions within the posts, but I’m stuck on this one.
Thanks. Kristy.

Attached Files
formbuilder_code.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

change line 6:

php:
$WAFV_Redirect = "".$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]  ."?invalid=true";

to:

php:
$WAFV_Redirect = "index.php?invalid=true";

kristyway385888

Form now works

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your help. I changed the code as mentioned. It was still doing the extended redirect of the code, which took it to that awful looking page.

Played around until I entered the full web address index.php?invalid=true

and this fixed it by remaining on the page for me to re-enter the captcha code (and holding all the entered text). Tests work and I get my file upload and notification email. (hope this is ok to do...)

When it comes to building the real form for my client, i will try your code, as the directories will more straight forward. Might make the difference.

Thanks again. Appreciate your time.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...