close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

email sent multiple times to users

Thread began 11/07/2011 3:35 pm by mikeyounker431916 | Last modified 8/06/2013 3:07 pm by Ray Borduin | 2598 views | 7 replies |

mikeyounker431916

email sent multiple times to users

Just started using PM, and everything delivered just fine using a small sample of emails. Once a larger sample was used, PM would deliver multiple versions of the "newsletter". A couple of users reported getting the same email 6 times.

Anyone else experience this, if so, how was it corrected.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Are you testing this locally? or remotely?

Who is the hosting Provider?

Do you know what kind of mail server they are using?

This usually happens when the SMTP server gets choked up on the volume of emails being sent.

you can try increasing the Seconds Between Emails: in the Power Messenger settings panel.

with some SMTP servers, when the email queue gets backed up they end up chocking on the volume and end up sending duplicates to some users. increasing the time between messages being sent to the smtp server should help alleviate the issues with the queue.

mike239523

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  Are you testing this locally? or remotely?

Who is the hosting Provider?

Do you know what kind of mail server they are using?

This usually happens when the SMTP server gets choked up on the volume of emails being sent.

you can try increasing the Seconds Between Emails: in the Power Messenger settings panel.

with some SMTP servers, when the email queue gets backed up they end up chocking on the volume and end up sending duplicates to some users. increasing the time between messages being sent to the smtp server should help alleviate the issues with the queue.  

Thanks for the feedback Jason!
This was remotely tested at hostek.com.
I'm not sure what kind of mail server but I will find out.

I've got a customized Coldfusion mailing system on the server that I've been using and haven't run into this issue before but I had broken down my mailings into 500 mailings at a time. My list has about 4000 subscribers.

Hope I can get PM working as designed because I really like the features it offers.

kristina429176

Multiple emails sent to customers - been changing sending rates

Jason,
I have been having this problem as well for months. I have been working with the number of emails sent per number of minutes with a number of seconds between. I have gone from 200 emails per 10 minutes per 3 seconds between to extremes of 200 emails per 30 minutes with 9 seconds in between and I have had several people receive emails from 3- 6 multiple emails with the same time stamp. I have also had some people not receive any emails.
Also with this process when sending the emails the program starts sending the emails and then at one point says null of null complete so I then have to click on the send button again and it continues, but this happens several time through out the mailing process. I also get an error code when sending the emails out see below:

Invalid JSON: <br />
<b>Warning</b>: file_get_contents(../../webassist/email/PM_Mailing_75_Progress_xml.php) [<a href='plugins/function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/hermes/waloraweb044/b2035/moo.kgoodvault6464/PJS_site/Prescott_Jazz_Summit/powermessenger/admin_pm/common/sendProgress_xml.php</b> on line <b>6</b><br />
{"total":null,"current":null,"remaining":null,"message":"75"}

Also when I send a preview I get a huge error message ( I will attach) even though it sends the preview.

I really need to fix this because my email recipients are getting irritated. Please help.

Attached Files
PowerMessenger_Error_for Jason_7.1.13_Mailing.docx

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

See PM:

kristina429176

My contact information is in the private section.
Thank You

kristina429176

Originally Said By: kristina429176
  My contact information is in the private section.
Thank You  

Jason,have worked on the file and loaded it to a new hosting site and the program is now working with the hosting site, but I am still getting some duplicates, also it hung up 1/2 way through and I had to re send the balance. I am still getting the error code we had before when I send a test email. When i reloaded a new copy or Power Messenger to the new hosting site, it still had that error code for the preview before I changed the connections to my previous database. Need to still figure this out.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I just tried calling, but it wouldn't let me leave a message since it said your mailbox is full... please give me a call using the phone number located in the footer of this page... I'm at extension 103... I'll help you debug why it is sending some repeat emails.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...