close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding Search Fields to an Existing Search Page

Thread began 11/03/2011 11:42 pm by cherry8723424721 | Last modified 11/10/2011 8:35 pm by cherry8723424721 | 3393 views | 16 replies |

cherry8723424721

Adding Search Fields to an Existing Search Page

Jason:

Is it possible to add search fields to an existing search page that was created using the DA Wizard? Or do we have to create the three pages (Search-Results-Details) again?

Thank you for your attention

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you can add the field to the form on the search page using the Dreamweaver insert menu, Insert -> Form

then on the results page, go to the bindings panel and make sure there is a binding group for the form from the search page, if there is not a binding group for the search form, click the plus button then Select Form Data. Click the folder icon in the form data wizard and select the search page.

no on the server behaviors panel, double click the data assist search server behavior, create your new search criteria by clicking the plus button, if you need more details on the options in the criteria settings, click the help button.

cherry8723424721

Jason:

Thanks. That sounds like good news. I'll give it a good shot later on. FYI, I'm in Beijing, China, which is 15 hours ahead of the US West Coast. Right now it's already Saturday for us, so I'm technically writing to you from "the future".

Many thanks for your help.

cherry8723424721

Jason:

Your instructions worked fine. I'm now getting results according to the new, multiple search criteria I've created (although I didn't finish it yet). However, there's a small glitch I've been unable to figure out.

I'm using dropdown menus to simplify the searches and I'm using static values that show initially in the menus prompting users to make their choices. As you know, if the users select only from one of the menus, the search is done based only on that single choice, which is perfect

But if by chance I leave ALL the menus untouched, in their "initially-selected" position, and then I press the "Search" button, DW displays ALL the records in the Results page instead of none, why would that be? Shouldn't DW (or WA) show "No Results for your Search" instead?

Any suggestions?

Just in case, attached you will find the Search and the Results pages in question.

Thank you for your attention

Attached Files
CherryResults.zip
CherrySearch.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

if a search element is left blank, that criteria is not included in the search, this is why if you only select one list, you get the desired results.

if you want to have an empty search form return no results, in the data assist search behavior, set the defaul t where clause to "0 <> 0"

cherry8723424721

Jason:

I did as you said, but I get the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in C:\xampp\htdocs\LovingPanda.com\TSearch - Copy.php on line 138

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when you entered the default where, clause, did you include the quotes? They should not have been included.

whats the code at line 138 of the TSearch - Copy.php file.

cherry8723424721

I entered 0 <> 0 without quotes.

This is the code for line 138:

$query_WADADynListprofiles = sprintf("SELECT * FROM profiles WHERE Email = %s ORDER BY Email ASC", GetSQLValueString($colname_WADADynListprofiles);

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that should be:

php:
$query_WADADynListprofiles = sprintf("SELECT * FROM profiles WHERE Email = %s ORDER BY Email ASC", GetSQLValueString($colname_WADADynListprofiles, "text"));

cherry8723424721

I added the - "text") - to line 139 and it said there were no syntax errors, but when I opened the page on the browser I got the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function setQueryBuilderSource() in C:\xampp\htdocs\LovingPanda.com\TSearch - Copy.php on line 44

This is the code for line 44:

setQueryBuilderSource($query_WADADynListprofiles,$WADbSearch1,false);

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...