close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Javascript error

Thread began 9/18/2011 1:59 am by theo.twisk429002 | Last modified 9/20/2011 12:38 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3720 views | 6 replies |

theo.twisk429002

Javascript error

After setting up a site and creating a template (with editable regions for content, menu and footer) I wanted to use theme-it but got the following error message:

while executing onLoad in wa_themeit.htm the following Javascript error occurred: at line 328 of file ...\wa_themeit.js: imageURL has no properties.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.pdf

theo.t429002

Problem persists

I deleted the WinFileCache.dat file (by the way: in Common Installation Issues deleting this file is restricted to CS4. I use CS5 but assumed after your suggestion to delete the cache file that this also goes for CS5) but get the same error message.
PS already uninstalled and reinstalled Theme-it

theo.t429002

I deleted the WinFileCache.dat file (by the way: in Common Installation Issues deleting this file is restricted to CS4. I use CS5 but assumed after your suggestion to delete the cache file that this also goes for CS5) but get the same error message.
PS already uninstalled and reinstalled Theme-it

theo.t429002

Has anybody from WebAssist read my message that same problem still persists

Since my reply that your "solution" did not have the desired effect and that the same Javascript error persists I have had no further reaction. I have even sent a quick reply later on but still no reaction.

theo.t429002

Solution to javascript error in Common Installation Issue no real solution

I have uninstalled en reinstalled all CSS Design suite extensions: directly after activation of Theme-it same Javascript error message
At that time there was no WinFileCache.dat file
I have tried theme-it with new CS5 layout files: sometimes theme-it starts without a problem, sometimes it starts with the javascript error
I have tried it with html files and dwt files: sometimes theme it works sometimes javascript error.
I have tried theme-it after creating a CSS Sculptor page and it worked without a problem. After that the WinFileCache.dat file was back again. When I launched Dreamweaver and saved a new html file (based on a CS5 layout) I again got the javascript error.
My impression is that theme it works with pages created with CSS Sculptor (allthough I am not 100% certain that it always works in that particular situation), but that theme it is unstable with pages created bases on CS5 layout.

The solution provided in Common Installation Issues (deleting the cache file) is not a satisfactory solution: it would require deleting the cache file everytime and even then I have noticed that in the absence of the cache file the javascript problem can still pop up. So I would really like to hear about a structural solution.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...