close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Styling menu buttons?

Thread began 8/10/2011 5:05 am by theo.twisk429002 | Last modified 10/25/2011 11:56 am by Jason Byrnes | 3260 views | 7 replies |

theo.twisk429002

Styling menu buttons?

Based on the Overview info on CSS Button Styler I was under the impression that it could also be used for styling Menu buttons. When I use button styler however I only see the possibility to style Form buttons. Has anybody else tried to style Menu buttons with button styler?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

button styler will only style form buttons:
<input type="button"....

menus dont actually use buttons, most css menus use unordered lists with anchor tag links:
<ul>
<li><a href="mypage.php">home</a></li>
</ul>

if you want an extension for creating css based menu, see the CSS Menu Writer Extension:
?lid=websitenav

theo.twisk429002

Jason, strictly speaking I agree that links are not buttons. But I cannot imagine that you are unaware of the fact that a lot of people talk about menu buttons (71.000.000 hits with google for "menu buttons css") and that css3 possibilities are also embraced to style links as buttons with rounded corners etc.. So not being more explicit about this in de Overview information about CSS button styler can easily give people the wrong impression.

My advice to WebAssist would be to be clearer about this in the Overview.

john269718

Links to Buttons

I had the same problem - hence my post regarding links to the buttons created.

Had I known that this was form-related only, I would not have bought this (as far as I am concerned) usless add-on. I also think the advertising is less than explicit! What I resent is the time wasted trying to find a solution, and feeling like a dummy at the same time.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have forwarded your comments to our marketing department.

jgroh96793

I have to agree. I dont think I would have bought this extension if it was only for form buttons. I was hoping it could make any text link into a nice css button.

apologiabooks290888

I would not have bought it either, had I known it was just a form button creator. Yet when it was suggested that the description on the sales page needed updated, Jason said in Aug. that he would send that request to the marketing department. Here we are in late Oct. and it is still there and confusing people like me into buying it.

I would like to request a refund based on the faulty advertising of this item.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

one work around would be to make your links into buttons, for example:

<a href="index.html"><input type="button" value="Home" /></a>

another work around would be to use the onClick event to make the button go to another page:

<input type="button" value="Home" onclick="location.href='index.html'">

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...