close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can i use the same databass as i have or power cms for Security Assist

Thread began 7/05/2011 6:34 am by daniel387105 | Last modified 8/08/2011 12:09 pm by Jason Byrnes | 8673 views | 47 replies |

daniel387105

Can i use the same databass as i have or power cms for Security Assist

Hi

I have used power cms and a databass for that how do i add a databass connection to that databass to run Security Assist and can that be done or do i have to make another databass for that ???

Thanks
Daniel

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, the same database can be used with security assist.

the database connection is configured on the Dreamweaver database tab.

see the "Creating your database connection in Dreamweaver " tutorial on the learning resources page:
resources.php?utm_campaign=Forum_header&utm_medium=Forums&utm_source=WebAssistForums

daniel387105

Mysql error#:2002

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it???

Connection Name: MyConnection
MySQL Server:localhost
user:root

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Do you have a local testing server set up? or are you trying to connect to the database on the remote host server?

if the database is on the remote hosts server, you will need to check with them to see if it will be possible to create a database connection in Dreamweaver that will connect to the remote mySQL server, some hosts dont allow this. they will also be able to tell you the connection details for connecting to the database.

it's usually better to have a local testing server set up, with a copy of the database on the local server for development purposes, see the learning resources page:
resources.php?utm_campaign=Forum_header&utm_medium=Forums&utm_source=WebAssistForums

daniel387105

Yes i have a local testing server set up

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

your not really giving me a lot of detail to work with.

from the MySQL documetation:

The error (2002) Can't connect to ... normally means that there is no MySQL server running on the system or that you are using an incorrect Unix socket file name or TCP/IP port number when trying to connect to the server. You should also check that the TCP/IP port you are using has not been blocked by a firewall or port blocking service.  

make sure that the MySQL server service is started on the computer.

try using the IP address:

instead of localhost.

daniel387105

This post has been deleted.

daniel387105

This post has been deleted.

daniel387105

Ok i have made a connection.

Ok i wont a main admin page that i can add users and then a dj admin so a dj can sign in to there account that i have made them and for that user/dj to be able to add there own proile photo top 10 tunes ect with pages like DJ-Profile.php where there dj will see othere pages like

shout-box
top 10 tunes of the week
Just Vibe Radio Samples

also each dj would only be able to edit there own dj proile and top 10 tunes how would this be done

Thanks
Daniel

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

wow, that's a very broad question.

first off, think in terms of the admin and DJ being a user level. you need to implement user level authentication. see the "User Level Authentication" tutorial in the archived documentation section of the security assist support page:
securityassist/

once you have user level authentication in place, you can create the admin pages and restrict access to them based on the user level session variable.

for the dj pages, when a user logs in, their user id is stored in a session variable. if you look at the way the user update page is configured, the recordset is set to filter the user id column on the iuser ID session, it is this userID session that allows you to relate information to a specific user.

for the profile photo, you will need to use the file manipulation portion of Universal Email or CSS form builder, add a photo column to the users table to hold the file name.

see the "How to apply Digital File Pro to DataAssist Insert and Update pages" tutorial on the data assist page for details on configuring the update server behavior:
dataassist/

you will also need to add columns for top 10 tunes etc to the users table and add form elements for these to the userupdate page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...