close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

UPS Shipping error

Thread began 5/17/2011 12:49 pm by James L | Last modified 8/09/2011 7:07 am by Jason Byrnes | 6406 views | 14 replies |

James L

UPS Shipping error

when I try to checkout I get the shipping-failure page with the following message:

The requested service is invalid from the selected origin.

Any idea what this means and how I can fix it?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add the following code to the failure page to return the full request and full response from usps:

php:
<?php

@session_start();
echo 
"Full Request: ".(isset($_SESSION["cartName_UPS_FullRequest"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["cartName_UPS_FullRequest"]):"n/a")."<br />";  
echo 
"Full Response: ".(isset($_SESSION["cartName_UPS_FullResponse"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["cartName_UPS_FullResponse"]):"n/a")."<br /></p>"
?>

where "cartName" is the name of your eCart object. Post the results of this back so I can see what is causing the problem.

annieolysys424497

Same error

I'm getting the same error...

I have a "S is not a valid unit of measurement for weight for this shipment"

When I placed that PHP code in my shipping failure page I received:

Full Request: <?xml version="1.0"?><AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US"><AccessLicenseNumber>BC7C400D64070B68</AccessLicenseNumber><UserId>DaPa1500</UserId><Password>ChinaChina</Password></AccessRequest><?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US"><Request><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction><RequestOption>rate</RequestOption></Request><PickupType><Code>03</Code></PickupType><Shipment><Shipper><ShipperNumber>55107W</ShipperNumber><Address><PostalCode>98502</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></Shipper><ShipTo><Address><PostalCode></PostalCode><CountryCode></CountryCode></Address></ShipTo><Service><Code>03</Code></Service><Package><PackagingType><Code>02</Code></PackagingType><Dimensions><Length>20</Length><Width>20</Width><Height>5</Height><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>IN</Code></UnitOfMeasurement></Dimensions><PackageWeight><Weight>0.1</Weight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>S</Code></UnitOfMeasurement></PackageWeight></Package></Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>
Full Response: <?xml version="1.0"?> <RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>0</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Failure</ResponseStatusDescription><Error><ErrorSeverity>Hard</ErrorSeverity><ErrorCode>110546</ErrorCode><ErrorDescription>S is not a valid unit of measurement for weight for this shipment</ErrorDescription></Error></Response></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

I hope this was OK to post here. Not really sure what the etiquette is for this kind of thing, but I figured it was a similar error so I posted it here. I don't mean to take away from the original poster...

thanks in advance...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What payment gateway are you using? to give further advice, I will need to know the gateway being used.

I can see from the output that there is no Ship to Zip code, this will cause the "requested service is invalid from the selected origin" error.

annieolysys424497

I'm using Paypal Standard. The user-name I gave during the Checkout Wizard process was the User ID I received when I requested my PayPal API signature, not the e-mail address I use to access my PayPal account. Hope that makes sense.

James L

same as her error message, but I use Authorize.net

If I do the Web Assist checkout procedure without adding shipping, everything works great (I've used it with a client that uses flat rate shipping). But every time I try to add UPS shipping I get many errors, and every time I use the Wizard I get that same error about "S" is not a valid weight...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the confirm page change:
change:

php:
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["WeightUnits"] = "".strtoupper($yourCart->WeightUnits)."S" ."";

to:

php:
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["WeightUnits"] = "".strtoupper($yourCart->WeightSuffix)."S" ."";

where yourCart is the name of your eCart object.

annieolysys424497

Done--but now my "checkout" button doesn't work in my cart.php

hmm....

Updated 3PM PST:

Sorry, let me be a little more specific. When I click "checkout" the page does not change, as if the button doesn't lead to anything. My "continue shopping" button also no longer works (same issue, just stays on the same page). Not sure if the "continue shopping" issue is related, but in case that's relevant, I just wanted you to know. Thanks in advance again...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

James L

Added the changes to code but get same error msg

I'm really at my wits end with these UPS shipping problems. The site worked perfectly until I used the Checkout Wizard to add UPS shipping. You've given me help to set up different shipping rates for different quantities, but now I'm getting outrageous shipping charges even when I restart the browser. If I select 3 items their weight is 4 pounds, but shipping total is $74.19 for sending 4 pounds from Michigan to Boston (USPS does it for $15). My client is getting very angry at my "incompetence."

I'm thinking of switching to FedEx, but I notice in the posts people seem to have just as many problems with that. What is your experience: do folks have fewer issues with FedEx, or vice versa?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...