close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Getting started with eCart

Thread began 3/16/2009 11:18 am by mrs256259 | Last modified 3/22/2009 6:52 pm by nduckworth267709 | 2335 views | 3 replies |

mrs256259

Getting started with eCart

On the old version of the WebAssist site, the solution recipes were quite easy to find and navigate, and I seem to recall going through some interactive solution recipes for getting started with eCart, but I can't find them now. Does anybody here know where they are? All I can find is a series of videos that are part of the feature tour.

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Many of the videos and tutorials have been moved to the individual product pages. Some have been archived because of antiquated data. Is there a particular one you are looking for?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

mrs256259

I was hoping to see how I could start from scratch rather than taking something that pre exists. I particularly remember Mark Fletcher showing how to implement joins etc with sql, but I just can't find what I am looking for now. The videos on the current product page of ecart seem to be a vague overview rather than a tutorial.

The reason I want to start from scratch is because I am going to building a store for myself, and I know I will want to implement cross selling, best sellers, people who bought this product also bought that, and also being able to add one product to multiple categories.

Basically, the more information I can take in via a video or interactive tutorial the quicker I am going to learn your product and start building my own site rather than take what you have built and try to change that.

Perhaps the older videos need to be put in an archive because I found them extremely useful. Even if I have used the product successfully before, it might've been sometime ago, so I used to come back and watch the videos to refresh my memory. It just so happens that my first step into building a shopping cart coincides with the removal of videos I am sure would be useful to me.

I found them useful anyway, it's not the same following the instructions in a pdf. And to be honest, there hasn't been an upgrade of ecart since I bought it, so I can't see why the videos aren't easily available now, either that, or I just can't see for looking!

nduckworth267709

Second that...

... the videos are much easier and quicker to learn from. More Mark please!!! ;)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...