close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

help needed - discount formula

Thread began 4/05/2011 11:09 pm by James L | Last modified 4/13/2011 7:28 am by Jason Byrnes | 4348 views | 7 replies |

James L

help needed - discount formula

I just can't seem to get this to work, so I'm asking for help to define a discount formula.
The client wants the first two items to be regular price each, but the third item will be at 50% of regular price.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

does this apply to a specific item, or the entire cart quantity?

Will the 6th, 9th, 12th etc... item also get the 50% discount?

James L

discount calculation

The client has a shipping box that holds 3 units. If someone wants 4, 5, or 6, it would be a new order. Therefore items 1 and 2 are full price, and only item 3 is 50% off.
Thanks, Jim

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I still need to know if this applies to the quantity of a specific item, or if it applies to entire cart quantity

James L

discount calculation

there is only one product for sale currently. Thus the quantities are just multiples of the same thing.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the method for this will change if you add more items to the store, so I really need to know if this discount will apply to only the one item or the entire cart quantity.

If you where to add more items to the stores inventory, would the discount apply to those items or not?

James L

calculation question

This applies only to this one product. If other types of products were in the cart they do not qualify for the discount. Only product X.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

OK, so you need to know the ID of the product and the price of the product this discount applies to before creating the rule.

For the sake of example, lets say the ID is 22 and the Price is $10.00. so for the third item the discount will be $5.00

In the eCart object, go to the Discounts tab to create the discount.

For the trigger use:
Presence of item in cart:
if item '22' 'exists' in the cart

AND
Quantity Of Specific Item In cart:
If the quantity of Item '22' in the cart is '=' a value of '3'

the use a flat rate calculation of '5.00'

graham

If product in cart is one of three different ID's

Jason, expanding on this rule a bit ... I have 3 different products, with ProductID's of 7, 8 and 55. All 3 cost $14. I would like to run a 2 for $20 discount - if one of these products is in the cart, then the next one added - as long as it is in this array of 7,8,55 - is discounted by $8. Continuing on, the 4th, 6th, etc would each be discounted.

Thanks as always

graham

To clarify ... we have more than 3 products in our store - only these 3 would be be eligible for the 2 for $20 "mix n match".

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...