close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Rounded Corners for One Column Layout?

Thread began 1/30/2011 12:19 pm by Lynn421689 | Last modified 1/31/2011 7:24 am by neilo | 1759 views | 3 replies |

Lynn421689

Rounded Corners for One Column Layout?

Hi

Is there anyway of creating rounded corners for One Column Layouts?

Any help appreciated!

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hi Lynn,

There are two ways to do this, either using just css, or by adding background-images to divs that have rounded corners themselves.

There is an example here (which won't currently show in IE Browsers). Most other modern browsers will be fine with it.

If you have a specific design in mind or a page you can link to for more advice, post back.

Edit:

Also see here

Lynn421689

Hi thanks for the reply, i was able to add the CSS to the code and it created the rounded corners for the outer wrappers of the one column layout. However all my formatting seems to have been lost from the CSS Sculptor preset i have created for my one column layout design, i.e. all colours, logo not appearing anymore etc.

Any ideas on how to preserve my design from Site Sculptor that i created aswel as applying the rounded corners to the outer wrapper?

I am rying to achieve something like your powerstore page only as a one column layout, with top navigation, one column content, and footer, the link is below so you can get the idea

index2.php

Thanks

Paul

neilo

Hi Paul,

Just adding the border radius lines to your CSS shouldn't affect your saved new preset in any way. All that should happen if your new new preset were used again, is that it would overwrite any changes you made to the stylesheet outside of the CSS Sculptor GUI, i.e, your rounded corners.

Check that your page is linking to your correct stylesheet, by checking the code view of your page.

<style type="text/css" media="all">
<!--
@import url("CSSSculptor/1ColumnFixedCenteredHeaderandFooter_MyNewPreset_css/screen.css");
-->
</style>

Are you using CSS Sculptor or Site Sculptor? I have tried both, added the rounded corners afterwards to the css, and in each case my preset remained intact. If you are using CSS Sculptor, check that you are getting back to the correct preset by checking the name of the folder inside the CSSSculptor folder, - it will be named (something like):

1ColumnFixedCenteredHeaderandFooter_MyNewPreset_css

which shows the path to your own saved preset (where 'MyNewPreset' would be the name you gave your preset).

The easiest way to achieve what you are after, is to use CSS Sculptor to create the basic page elements as before - using the preset closest to what you want to achieve, and then add the finishing touches - such as rounded corners - afterwards.

If you use (say) - 1ColumnFixedCenteredHeaderandFooter - you would add the navigation bar to the header area.

If you do create a page and are able to upload it to your remote server where we could view it, we could more easily advise how to achieve the styles you want.

There is also a tutorial for adding image-based rounded corners - along with downloadable images and presets - which you should be able to access from your downloads page / CSS Sculptor / under 'support resources' and 'source files'.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...