close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Powerstore 3, Dreamweaver Applications panel bug

Thread began 11/08/2010 4:11 am by washingtown364312 | Last modified 11/09/2010 6:55 am by Jason Byrnes | 1537 views | 3 replies |

washingtown364312

Powerstore 3, Dreamweaver Applications panel bug

In trying to customize Powerstore 3.1 using Dreamweaver CS3, I've encountered a serious bug that cause Dreamweaver to close. Whenever I try to open the applications panel (in Dreamweaver) on certain pages of the Powerstore, it immediately causes Dreamweaver to close and shutdown. I believe I have narrowed it down to the pages that are similiar to the ones that DataAssist usually creates - the product detail, search, etc. pages. I'm not sure if these Powerstore pages were created using DataAssist or can be edited with it. Either way, I do not have access to edit them at all. For sake of ease, I will just call them the dataassist pages. Please note: so far this issue doesn't seem to affect any other data-driven or static pages. It seems to only affect the "dataassist pages". Also, this does not appear to be a Dreamweaver issue either, as I can open and access the applications panel on other pages for sites that are not created by Powerstore. I can even access the DataAssist pages of my sites that are not Powerstore sites.

Back to Powerstore, I can open and view the dataassist pages. However, once I open the Dreamweaver Applications Panel, Dreamweaver closes and shuts down.

I will also mention another issue I noticed before that may be related. I've also only noticed this only after using Powerstore 3 that soon after trying to customize the code - nothing too fancy, just working with the form to create new fields and customize the validations - Dreamweaver would clock everytime I first opened a dynamic page or the Applications panel. It would also do this whenever I edited the page or any WebAssist features on the page. After clocking for about 30 seconds, a script timeout dialog would appear saying do you want to continue running the script. I would have to select "No" then the dialog would close and the updates would be made with no other obvious issues. It referenced a Dreamweaver configurations folder file. I would be more specific, but it appears that the problem is becoming more serious as I can no longer access my dynamic forms to recreate the issue. As now upon opening them with the Applications panel causes Dreamweaver to close. I have just noticed this new problem upon submitting this forum thread.

I have not too long ago troubleshooted Dreamweaver, by reinstalling my sites and WebAssist on a fresh installation of Dreamweaver (CS3). At first there appeared to be no trace of the problem. It didn't take long for the clocking and script timeout to start appearing again, and about a week later I'm losing access all together to edit dynamic pages with WebAssist features on them. I can open other sites pages, dynamic and static, in Dreamweaver, use the Applications panel and edit content with WebAssist features with no problem. This seems to be localized to Powerstore 3 and a possible configuration issue or growing file corruption.

I hope you can understand how frustrating this is to me and how much time I've lost with the compounded script runtime errors and troubleshooting. I cannot even complete my work as I have limited access to customize the Powerstore. Please help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What is the Build number for your version of Dreamweaver?

Go to Help -> About Dreamweaver, when the about dialog box opens, click it once to force it to scroll to the end, this will show the version and build number. Please post back the build number.

If you could also post back a screen shot of the extension manager showing the installed extensions and version numbers, this would be helpful.

have you tried deleting the Dreamweaver cache file from the users configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.pdf

washingtown364312

Version 9 Build 3481

Okay, I tried deleting the Dreamweaver cache file before replying. It seems to solve the crash issue where Dreamweaver was closing. It does take a while for pages to load once I double click them in Dreamweaver (4-5 seconds). However, I'm assuming that will only be the case the initial time I open a page - because of the cache being deleted. I will work with this fix for a few days and see if any problems resurface.

Thank you! This at least gets me back up and running. Also, far better than the 30 seconds lost per saved edit on the page. Great to know I can get competent and speedy help!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

OK, glad to hear that it is working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...