close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HoneyPot ???

Thread began 6/08/2009 12:12 pm by meister281653 | Last modified 6/08/2009 4:01 pm by Ray Borduin | 2656 views | 4 replies |

meister281653

HoneyPot ???

Hi there,

where is that mnual that shows what code has to left so that I only got the honeypot?

Where is that manual?

Thanks
Denis

Sign in to reply to this post

Neil Beadle

Removing security features

Removing security features from the Contact Form Solution Pack is currently not documented. We do plan on creating a How To for this in the near future.

What you will need to do is remove the form elements you do not wish to have on your page. Then, from the bottom of the page, remove the spry validation for the elements you removed.

If you are unsuccessful in removing these after trying this, submit a support ticket to have a support engineer take a look for you.

meister281653

??? while there was the old website layout there was such a manual where was shown what to delet to have only the honeypot.

is it that one?

$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateRX(((isset($_POST["addblock"]))?$_POST["addblock"]:"") . "","/^$/i",false,6);
$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateRX(((isset($_POST["seconddblock"]))?$_POST["seconddblock"]:"") . "","/^$/i",false,7);

meister281653

I found the PDF file where is written how to delete which lines. but it is to big to upload.

What does that regular expression mean?

/^$/i

Denis

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It means that it is blank and does not have a vaule. A honeypot is a field that is purposely blank. Bot's will accidentally fill it in and you "catch them with thier hand in the honeypot" since a normal user would never be able to enter a value into a hidden field.

Broken apart the regular expresssion is:

/ = start pattern
^ = beginning of the string
$ = end of the string
/ = end of the pattern
i = ignore case

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...