close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Digital File Pro 1.1.3

Thread began 7/30/2010 12:23 pm by jaytalley266488 | Last modified 12/07/2010 8:08 am by Jason Byrnes | 6564 views | 46 replies |

jaytalley266488

Digital File Pro 1.1.3

I'm a bit of a newbie but trying hard! I'm attempting to use the older version of Digital File Pro (1.1.3) to upload images into an sql 2000 database from a classic asp page. Two questions; 1) i assume the DB field type needs to be set to "Image", and 2) dreamweaver CS3 is only allowing me to insert the form field into the db as either 'text' or 'numeric'. I've tried several variations in both DB and with the server behavior, but it doesn't upload to the DB or to the designated upload folder. Can someone help this rookie out with making this work? thanks much!!!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to store the uploaded file name in the database, you will need to use the DataAssist insert record behavior.

The database field should be set to text, you will only be storing the file name.

See the "How to apply Digital File Pro to DataAssist Insert and Update pages" Tutorial in the How to section of the data assist suppport page for details on using DFP with DataAssist.

dataassist/

jaytalley266488

File Upload Still not working

Jason,
Thanks for the recommendation. I applied the data assist insert behavior to the page after removing the standard DW insert behavior. The upload is still not working, but now neither is my insert record. All the form fields are lined up properly to the database fields, and the WA upload behavior seems to be configued perfectly??? Please help... thanks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please post a copy of your page so i can examine the code.

jaytalley266488

File for review

Jason,
Can i give you a link to the page since your site won't allow me to upload an .asp page? Not sure if this thread is secure or not. Alternatively, if you can give me an email, i will email you the page. thanks much.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

compress the asp page into a zip archive, you can attach the zip archive.

jaytalley266488

file for review

here you go...hope this worked.

Attached Files
Vendors_AddSvcListing.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the problem is caused by code order.

the code for inserting the record in the DB is before the code for uploading the file.

move the file upload code:

<%
WA_DFP_SetupUploadStatusStruct "WA_UploadResult1"
If((Request.ServerVariables("Request_Method") = "POST") AND (inStr(Unescape(cStr(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER"))),Unescape(Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")&Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME"))) > 0)) Then
WA_DFP_UploadFile "WA_UploadResult1", "Image", "", "../Images/Uploaded_Logos/", "[FileName]", "3", "[FileName]_[Increment]", "1024", "true", "0", "0"
End If
%>

to line 31 so that the file will be uploaded before storing the information in the database.

jaytalley266488

file upload problems

Jason;
Actually that still doesn't work. I had forgotten that i moved it below the other routine in an effort to rule that out. However moving it back to line 31 made no difference. same result...nothing happens.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

ok, the forms method is not set:
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" name="form1" id="form1">

change that to use the post method:
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" name="form1" id="form1" method="post">

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...