close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Relational table with additional database columns

Thread began 7/26/2010 5:32 am by t297098 | Last modified 12/29/2010 2:49 pm by Ray Borduin | 1077 views | 7 replies |

t297098

Relational table with additional database columns

Hi.
I use a relational table with additional database columns (one more column called 'price')
I manage to insert the addtional data, using the datassist relational table server behavior.
The only thing I cant do is update the value of the additional column. I cant find which value to bind in the additional column when updating. How can I retrieve the value thats already saved in teh additional column when updating?
Do I have to create a new query all by myself or datassist gives me access to this value?

(When updating a relational table with datassit relational table server behavior, the checkboxes are checked correctly but no value is retrieved from the database for the third additional column).

Thank you in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

How do you have this update page setup in regards to the update server behavior and the MRT server behavior that is applied to it? Please describe as best as you can what is currently going on with this page and how you have set it up. Please also post back with a copy of the page in question in a zip archive so that we can take a look at it.

Normally on these pages you would have a recordset that is used to set the value of the checkboxes to the id, then the checkboxes should be in a repeat selection area for MRT to make use of them.

t297098

OK

Well yes. Created a nested query (subquery) that returns the results I needed.
Thank you.

Eric Mittman

Ok, so it is working as it should be now? Let us know if you have any other questions.

Andrew Read

Bit of a necro-post here, but I am having the same issue.

I have the insert form setup and working, and the update form is setup with the MRT behaviour, however:

The additional fields (repeated with the checkboxes) do not populate with the information that is stored in the Relational table.

What's the trick to get them to populate?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you mean the associated fields don't show as already selected on the update page?

I thought that code was added automatically, but if you attach a copy of the page in question I can take a look and give advice.

Andrew Read

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Do you mean the associated fields don't show as already selected on the update page?

I thought that code was added automatically, but if you attach a copy of the page in question I can take a look and give advice.  

Hi Ray,

Can you please start a ticket for me - not a huge fan of posting code to the forums. :)

The associated fields are text fields - and the text is not automatically displayed in the text boxes that relate to the selected checkboxes.

Thank you.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have opened a support ticket for you in order to share code privately. Please update that incident with further details.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...