close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Newbie question for practical use

Thread began 6/02/2009 7:36 am by office377308 | Last modified 6/18/2009 10:49 pm by office377308 | 7700 views | 19 replies |

office377308

Newbie question for practical use

Hi,
The getting started guide helped a lot to setup a parent, child and grandchild selection. I added another button for "Add to List" to the Grandchild dropdown because I have children with and without siblings. This works perfectly and I can populate the target List with elements from the Child and the Grandchild List.
But what then?
I need the ids from the target list to be stored in a relational n->1 database-table, where the 1 represents the product.
Or, expressed differently: I want to bind one product to several categories. Where the categories are put and listed in the target list from the dynamic dropdown.
How do I process those elements further?
Is there a documentation with examples?
Any hint on this ?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Have you looked into dataAssist and the "Manage relational table" server behavior. It sounds like that might be what you are looking for.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

office377308

yes, but where is the missing link?

Maybe I can't see the wood because of all the trees. But how can I process, collect or store the results of the target table ?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The manage relational table server behavior will work in conjunction with the target list in order to do all of the inserts... or if the relationship is simple enough you may even be able to use the insert multiple records server behavior.

office377308

Still not sure how this works

I have read and re-read multiple times "dynamic_dropdowns_gsg.pdf". There is an entry called "Common Examples" which is quite obvious. I then go on with "manage relational db". Its quite straight forward so you would expect everything is working as it should but nothing is inserted. What do I miss?
The dynamic dropdowns work as expected. I can add items to the list which are shown.
here is the code:
interesting that there is no option field in the List:
<td>
<select name="Target" size="10" multiple="multiple" id="Target">
</select> </td>
<td><input type="button" id="Move Up" onclick="WA_MoveSelectedInList(MM_findObj('Target'),0,0,0)" value="Move Up" />
<br />
<input type="button" id="Move Down" onclick="WA_MoveSelectedInList(MM_findObj('Target'),1,0,0)" value="Move Down" />
<br /> </td>
<td><input type="button" id="Remove" onclick="WA_RemoveSelectedFromList(MM_findObj('Target'),'|WA|0|WA|',-1,'0','None Selected')" value="Remove" /><br />
<input type="button" id="Select All" onclick="WA_SelectAllInTarget(MM_findObj('Target'),'|WA|0|WA|')" value="Select All" /></td>

Is this enough that someone could help me please?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you have a sample URL? The problem could be any number of places. The target list may not have options initially if it is populated based on the selection in the source list.

office377308

yes please

index.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

OK so I see a list being populated with a dynamic dropdown to find possible additions.

What is it that isn't working exactly? What is it that you are trying to do on this page? I don't quite know what I'm looking for.

What do you expect to happen? How would I know looking at that page what does and doesn't work? How could I tell if it worked?

office377308

I try to store both ids from product and categories in a table called p2c which holds not more than 3 fields. It should (multiple) insert several categorie ids (from the populated target list) and the product id from the first pulldown (select product).
This does not work.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I see. Since the problem is in the server functionality. It can't really be debugged remotely.

It sounds like you have a problem with how you are trying to insert the multiple records, but without viewing the actual code it is difficult to say what it might be.

Please try posting a support incident where you can share your files in a private forum. That might allow someone to understand where you are making the mistake.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...