close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Displays Error not Content after copying/pasting developer notes

Thread began 6/26/2010 9:02 pm by cldsk369146 | Last modified 6/30/2010 6:45 am by Jason Byrnes | 1400 views | 5 replies |

cldsk369146

Displays Error not Content after copying/pasting developer notes

Hello, I have followed the instructions very closely for the Power CMS, and have the admin set up correctly, including users. When I went to insert content from my CMS, and followed the instructions for inserting the php code into the page, I recieve the following erroro n my site instead of the content:

(on about.php)

Warning: include(/homepages/39/d327955887/htdocs/OLGTeens-Site//WA_CMS/addtosite.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/39/d327955887/htdocs/OLGTeens-Site/about.php on line 81

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/homepages/39/d327955887/htdocs/OLGTeens-Site//WA_CMS/addtosite.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in /homepages/39/d327955887/htdocs/OLGTeens-Site/about.php on line 81

Fatal error: Call to undefined function WA_getCMSContent() in /homepages/39/d327955887/htdocs/OLGTeens-Site/about.php on line 82

How do I get my content to appear?
Many thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoping someone might know why the Power CMS isn't working, I am attaching a zip of my pages, the dreamweaver templates, (admin too big for upload). The two pages that I have employed the PowerCMS (and getting the error) are about.php and books-media.php (the error is also causing a shift in the design--I assume this would go away when the content displays correctly).

I appreciate your help, hopefully someone knows what is going wrong.

Many thanks!
~Chris

Attached Files
Pages-Templates.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

cldsk369146

Attached is zip of pages/templates

This post has been deleted.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it looks like you have the CMS Files in a folder named "admin" on your site.

The routine for creating the developer notes path will strip the name admin.

try changing the developer notes from:

php:
<?php
include('/homepages/39/d327955887/htdocs/OLGTeens-Site//WA_CMS/addtosite.php');
echo 
WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection$PowerCMSConnection'About Us''Content'false);
?>

to:

php:
<?php
include('/homepages/39/d327955887/htdocs/OLGTeens-Site/admin/WA_CMS/addtosite.php');
echo 
WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection$PowerCMSConnection'About Us''Content'false);
?>

cldsk369146

Many thanks, that worked but templates not working right

Many thanks, that fix did work for the content. As I am testing it out though, in the admin when I created a new page based on the template, the new page's content replaces the real page, and the developer's notes do not work for the page created with a template.

Example: I created a page based on the template for the About Us.
The developer's notes for that page tell me that the link is template.php?About Us=1 which for my site would be: template.php?About%20Us=1

But instead of displaying the page, I get a 404 error. The content for the template page replaced the content on my page: about.php Even though I can see the actual page with the original content still in the Admin. When I delete the created template page, it goes back to my original content...how do I make the pages created with the templates work?

Many thanks for your help!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

there is no file on the site named template.php.

You need to create the template.php page and add the developer notes to that page to display the content.

NOTE: Template content regions should not have spaces in the names.

cldsk369146

Got it all to work, I misunderstood how templates were being used in PowerCMS....thanks so much for your help!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

excellent, glad to hear it is working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...