close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can you import a store's database with Powerstore?

Thread began 6/26/2010 4:58 pm by cldsk369146 | Last modified 12/09/2015 9:15 am by Ray Borduin | 1540 views | 4 replies |

cldsk369146

Can you import a store's database with Powerstore?

Hello, I am working for a small bookstore that is interested in making an online store. They already use MacPosX for their inventory/sales...is there a way to import and/or sync the databases with Powerstore so that the inventory can be the same and does not have to be retyped? We are looking at different options, and I suggested Powerstore for them, but we want to make sure it can at least import the database, if not sync with it. Please let me know.

Many thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

I have no prior experience with this but there seem to be tools out there that would help; one example is here

Does MacPosX have the ability to export to different formats? It may be that it can export tables to a format that MySql can import.

Hopefully a seasoned (Mac) developer here will have some more specific advice!

The extended features of the POS software would not be transportable though, i.e. the invoice printing and scheduling or the label-printing and barcode support; but if the inventory and customer details and sales details tables are exportable, then the data from these may be importable into mySql (perhaps as csv files) and could be used for the functionality that Powerstore offers.

i.edwards384429

updates

providing the fields are the same types and size there should not be an issue.

YOu may have to do a double convert ie into excel and then into mysql but it should be possible.

Take a look at thisstring

read.php?108,212918,212918

cheers

Ian

Jimmy Wu

As long as the store has the same information stored, it will be possible to convert to PowerStore products from the MacPosX products. I've not worked with MacPosX however, so I do not know the details on the product and how their database is set up, so I can't give you a definitive answer.

anonymous

Hi, neilo.
I wonder did you mean
barcode reading support by adding barcode support to it? If so, whether all different 2d bar codes can be scanned with the help of it? How about PDF417 barcode reading process?

Best regards,
Pan

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...