close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Checkout Page Modification for Authorize.net

Thread began 4/14/2010 6:45 pm by markymark44 | Last modified 4/20/2010 2:19 pm by Eric Mittman | 6023 views | 8 replies |

markymark44

Checkout Page Modification for Authorize.net

My customer wants the Checkout Page modified. We are using Authorize.net payment option:

1. If you happen to click the CHECKOUT WITH PAYPAL OPTION you get the message: "We're sorry - Your PayPal transaction could not be completed. Please return to checkout and try again." not 'YOU CANNOT USE PAYPAL"...he wants me to remove it entirely. How would I do this?

2. Under the Pay By Credit Card / login line, he doesn't want people to have to put in their email address and a password...some people have already complained that they either don't want to give that information or can't figure it out....mindless I know but it is what he wants. Can I do it and how would I?

any help would be appreciated...

M

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You can make it so that the PayPal button is not on the checkout page at all by putting in some extra code on your checkout page.

On this page the PayPal button code starts on line 591 through line 600. You can add in this code around the PayPal button to stop it from showing:

php:
<?php

if($WAGLOBAL_Gateway == ) { //Check your setting in the WA_Globals to ensure you are using the correct gateway
?>
the PayPal button code should be inside of this code
<?php ?>

So the original code should look like this:

php:
<?php if(!WA_Auth_RulePasses("No Payment Gateway")){ // Begin Show Region ?>

<div class="checkoutHeader">Fast, Secure Checkout with PayPal</div>
      <div class="contentBox">
          <form name="PayPal_ExpressCheckout_form"  action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; ?>" method="post">
            <p><input type="image" alt="PayPal Express Checkout" name="PayPal_ExpressCheckout_button" id="PayPal_ExpressCheckout_button"  src="WA_eCart/PP_ECO_Scripts/btn_xpressCheckoutsm.gif" />
          <p>Save time. Checkout securely.<br />Pay without sharing your financial information.</p>
        </form>
      </div>
      <br />
      <?php ?>

You will want to update it to be this instead:

php:
<?php

if($WAGLOBAL_Gateway == ) { //Check your setting in the WA_Globals to ensure you are using the correct gateway
?>
     <?php if(!WA_Auth_RulePasses("No Payment Gateway")){ // Begin Show Region ?>
      <div class="checkoutHeader">Fast, Secure Checkout with PayPal</div>
      <div class="contentBox">
          <form name="PayPal_ExpressCheckout_form"  action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; ?>" method="post">
            <p><input type="image" alt="PayPal Express Checkout" name="PayPal_ExpressCheckout_button" id="PayPal_ExpressCheckout_button"  src="WA_eCart/PP_ECO_Scripts/btn_xpressCheckoutsm.gif" />
          <p>Save time. Checkout securely.<br />Pay without sharing your financial information.</p>
        </form>
      </div>
      <br />
      <?php ?>
<?php 
?>

As for altering the user login portion this is a built in part of the PowerStore that is relied on further in the process. Removing this functionality can be difficult and will require some custom coding beyond just removing it from the checkout page.

markymark44

Thanks Eric, I'll make the change...what about the login? Can I add some text to the page that would explain the procedure more informatively to the users that cannot seem to understand and need to be handheld through the process?

BTW - I have a new issue in the checkout procedure with Authorize.net..I had functionality a week ago and now it wont accept credit cards as you make the final submit..I have even changed codes with Authorize.net and it still won't function..is there a way you could check the code or the procedure and tell what's wrong? The site is index.php thanks

markymark44

I just entered a new bogus product and the payment gateway worked...
I tried another product I loaded - doesn't work....
I WENT BACK AND ADDED ANOTHER NEW PRODUCT...DOESN'T WORK AGAIN

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? My customer is angry as hell and I am getting
ticked off and wasting hours of time - could someome please assist me?

index.php

Eric Mittman

So it is only certain items that are failing currently? To get a better idea of why it is failing you should add the full request and response to your failure page so that you can see what the error is.

On your failure page select the part of the page you would like to see the info then go into code or split view and add in this code:

php:
<?php

require_once("WA_eCart/Adv_CO_Scripts/AuthNet_PHP.php");
?>
The full request was: <?php echo(AuthNet_Result("Full Request")) ?><br/><br/><br/>The full response was: <?php echo(AuthNet_Result("Full Response")) ?>

Please post back with this info minus any of the sensitive details like the cc info. This should let us know what the problem is.

As for the login you can add in whatever descriptive text you need to inform the users that they need to be registered and logged in to proceed with the checkout.

markymark44

Eric, which pages do I need to modify to add the login and register informative?

Thanks

Eric Mittman

You can add in text about having to login and register to any page in the site. If you wanted to make it persistent for all of the pages you can add it into the main template.

If you want to just add some text to the checkout page you can just go into design view and put your cursor onto the page where ever you would like to add the info. If you are trying to do something else in regards to the login please let us know.

markymark44

Failure page code

Transaction Not Completed The full request was: x_login=6453nTqsLrt&x_tran_key=8t5BL2B5xwz84Tv4&x_version=3.1&x_invoice_num=lt26jg5ja90hk5qcsg2vtf9dg7&x_test_request=0&x_method=CC&x_type=AUTH_CAPTURE&x_relay_response=FALSE&x_delim_data=TRUE&x_delim_char=::&x_customer_ip=76.110.205.38&x_amount=17.68&x_description=1 Buck N Cute Changing Pad (182)&x_line_item=182<|>Buck N Cute Changing Pad<|>
Buck N Cute Changing Pad NCP1

<|>1<|>12<|>YES&x_card_num=_exp_date=_card_code=&x_email_customer=TRUE&x_tax=0.78&x_tax_exempt=FALSE&x_freight=4.9&x_first_name=Mark&x_last_name=Bennett&x_address=127 Fox Meadow Run&x_city=Jupiter&x_state=FL&x_zip=33458&x_phone=561-575-6798&x_fax=&x_email=mark@markbennettdesign.com&x_country=US&x_ship_to_first_name=Mark&x_ship_to_last_name=Bennett&x_ship_to_address=127 Fox Meadow Run&x_ship_to_city=Jupiter&x_ship_to_state=FL&x_ship_to_zip=33458&x_ship_to_country=US&x_ship_to_phone=561-575-6798&x_ship_to_fax=&x_recurring_billing=NO

The full response was: 3::1::270::Line item 1 is invalid.::::P::0::lt26jg5ja90hk5qcsg2v::1 Buck N Cute Changing Pad (182)::17.68::CC::auth_capture::::Mark::Bennett::::127 Fox Meadow Run::Jupiter::FL::33458::US::561-575-6798::::mark@markbennettdesign.com::Mark::Bennett::::127 Fox Meadow Run::Jupiter::FL::33458::US::0.7800::::4.9000::FALSE::::76A361D9CE261B94992359ECCD21717E::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::561-575-6798::
We're sorry
Your transaction could not be completed. Either your credit card information or billing address has problems and cannot be processed

Please return to checkout and try again.

What do you think Eric??

Eric Mittman

The error that is being returned is Line item 1 is invalid. This means that there is a problem with the first item in the cart that you passed to the gateway in your test. The rules for the line item are found here in the Authorize.NET AIM guide:

AIM_guide.pdf

On page 20 it lists the requirements for a line item. Here are some of the restrictions:

Item ID<|>
Up to 31 characters

<|>item name<|>
Up to 31 characters

<|>item description<|>
Up to 255 characters

Looking at the values you got back it seems that there might be a problem with the description you are using. It looks like there might be some returns in your description. You should try removing these to see if it will accept this item. Do you get this error with any other items? You should test it out with one item at a time to see if you have any other products that do not have this error.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...